Aeration system for X-mas which one?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jcmccoy

Reaction score
I am going to ask for a aeration system for X-mas and I want to know what ones you guys use and why you like it or dislike it. I use Carboys and better bottles FYI.

I would get a O2 setup with a SS diffision stone. If you do ANYTHING else you may as well just shake the fermenter.

I've been using this one from William's Brewing for the last 10 batches or so and it works great. No more shaking a heavy carboy full of wort to aerate.

Count me as another happy customer using the Williams O2 metal aerator.

It works as advertised and I swear I notice quicker and stronger fermentations since using it on both my starters and wort pitches.

It has been covered in other threads so we don't need to rehash the debate but Pure O2 is way better than any means using air. I have the set up that Austin homebrew sells using a SS diffusion stone and the disposable O2 tanks. I wish I had the one from Williams brewing because it has a SS wand. It was out of stock at William's when I ordered mine so I went with the one from AHS. I like it and it works really well but having a Wand would be nice.

It has been covered in other threads so we don't need to rehash the debate but Pure O2 is way better than any means using air. I have the set up that Austin homebrew sells using a SS diffusion stone and the disposable O2 tanks. I wish I had the one from Williams brewing because it has a SS wand. It was out of stock at William's when I ordered mine so I went with the one from AHS. I like it and it works really well but having a Wand would be nice.

You can make a highly effective wand using an acrylic racking cane and tubing...

Cheers!

+1 on O2!! I don't know why anybody would waste the money on anything else.

Sadly, Williams was without their usual kit when I needed to upgrade to a pure O2 system. I wish I had waited, now. Trying to get a flexible hose to move where you want it during aeration is a PITA. While I can't say I've used it, the aeration wand from Williams sure seems like a damned good idea.

Back