Got any good cheesecake recipes?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Revvy

Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Today whilst garage sailing, I scored a vintage 1950's era Sunbeam Mixmaster model 11 (1955-560 counter top mixer in cherry condition for 20 measly bucks....This thing looks like it was hardly used, and even had the juicer attachment.

sunbeam_11.jpg

So in order to break it in in Revvy's Kitchen I decided to pop it's cherry by whipping up me a cheesecake....

Anyone got any great recipes?

Double layer pumpkin cheesecake:

2 (8 ounce) packages Fat Free Cream Cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Ground nutmeg (dash)
1/3 cup HONEY MAID Graham Cracker Crumbs (or pre made graham cracker crust)
1/2 cup thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping

1. Mix cream cheese, sugar and vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add eggs; mix until blended. Do not overbeat after adding eggs. Remove 1 cup batter; stir in pumpkin and spices. Spray 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray; sprinkle bottom with crumbs.
2. Pour remaining plain batter into crust. Top with pumpkin batter.
3. Bake at 325 degrees F for 40 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool. Refrigerate 3 hours or overnight. Top each serving with 1 Tbsp. of the whipped topping.

PS: Just had The Reverend tonight, am going to have to make the (short) journey to Avery sometime this week to go on the tour. Ever had the Kaiser? I've heard good things.

PS: Just had The Reverend tonight, am going to have to make the (short) journey to Avery sometime this week to go on the tour. Ever had the Kaiser? I've heard good things.

Thanks for the recipe!!!

The only other Averys I've had are Hog Heaven

and redpoint (amber)

Hog heaven knocked me on my butt...potent stuff!!! Redpoint was "OK," nothing to write home about. :mug:

Not plain cheesecake, but delicious and EASY. I made these yesterday and took to my sister's 4th on July party tonight....

Cheesecake Squares

2 packages crescent rolls
2 8oz. packages cream cheese. softened (regular, not fat free)
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla

Mix filling ingredients together.
Line bottom of ungreased 9x13 pan with 1 pkg of crescent rolls, sealing seams.
Spread filling.
Put other pkg of rolls on top. (May want to lay rolls on wax paper & seal seams, then transfer rolls to top of filling & peel wax paper off. Can be hard to seal seams on top of soft filling.)
Sprinkle top w/cinnamon sugar.
Bake 25 minutes @ 350.

When done, cool and refrigerate.

When ready to serve, I squirt Plate Scrapers raspberry dessert topping on them, cut, and serve. Delicious.

Not plain cheesecake, but delicious and EASY. I made these yesterday and took to my sister's 4th on July party tonight....

Cheesecake Squares

2 packages crescent rolls
2 8oz. packages cream cheese. softened (regular, not fat free)
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla

Mix filling ingredients together.
Line bottom of ungreased 9x13 pan with 1 pkg of crescent rolls, sealing seams.
Spread filling.
Put other pkg of rolls on top. (May want to lay rolls on wax paper & seal seams, then transfer rolls to top of filling & peel wax paper off. Can be hard to seal seams on top of soft filling.)
Sprinkle top w/cinnamon sugar.
Bake 25 minutes @ 350.

When done, cool and refrigerate.

When ready to serve, I squirt Plate Scrapers raspberry dessert topping on them, cut, and serve. Delicious.

That sounds interesting...I never would have thought of using crescent rolls!

You have to try White Rascal. Belgian Wit with Coriander and Orange zest. Great stuff.

thin mint cheesecake:

Crust:
Chocolate graham crackers, butter, sprinkle of sugar. Press it into a 14" tart pan, including the whole way up the sides

Bake it at 375 until crispy, then cool the whole way. Not 'almost' cool, but cool. (I just throw mine in the freezer)

Turn the oven down to 350. put a pan of water on the bottom shelf of the oven.

Melt 1 bag of chocolate chips in a double boiler, add a big shot of peppermint extract. Stir to combine, and spread most of the mix over the cooled crust.

Back in the freezer it goes

Chesecake mix:
Cream Together:
1 block cream cheese
1 c. ricotta
Add 2/3 C sugar and continue to mix
Add 2 eggs, one by one.
Mix 3/4 c of cocoa powder with 1/2 c of milk (it keeps the cocoa dust mess down.) Add it slowly to the mixer.

pour over crust. Bake until done, about an hour. Start checking it after 30 minutes.

drizzle the rest of the chocolate on top when it's cool.

Goes really well with good black coffee.

B

Thanks for the recipe!!!

The only other Averys I've had are Hog Heaven

and redpoint (amber)

Hog heaven knocked me on my butt...potent stuff!!! Redpoint was "OK," nothing to write home about. :mug:

Hog Heaven is awesome. I'll have to have swmbo take a look at this thread. She makes awesome cheese cakes. I'm sure she's got a few good ones kicking around.

What flavor would you like? I have about 20+ recipes that i have tried... all at different skill levels...

Hmmm..decisions, decisions....I dunno what flavor...post a couple of your faves, I'm still in the decision making phase...:mug:

Although I did find an interesting Key Lime cheesecake recipe that I boorkmarked..

Edit oooohhhh you wouldn't happen to have a stout cheescake recipe would you?????:ban:

Lookee Here!!!!

20548_res8.gif

Rogue Chocolate Stout Cheesecake.

Ingredients:
4 Tbls plus 10 Tbls butter
1 1/2 cups graham cracker or chocolate cookie crumbs
1 1/2 lbs. cream cheese
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup Rogue Ales Chocolate Stout
1 cup sugar
1 Tbls flour
1 Tbls baking powder
2 whole eggs
2 egg yolks
10 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
Procedure:
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Melt 4 tablespoons of butter. Add the cookie crumbs and mix until moist. Assemble the spring form
pan and press the crumb mixture evenly across the bottom of the pan to form the crust. Place in hot
oven for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
3. Place cream cheese, vanilla extract, and Chocolate Stout into mixing bowl and use the paddle attachment
to mix until smooth. (For best results, set cream cheese out at room temperature for 1 or 2 hours
before beginning.) Add the sugar, flour and baking powder, mix until smooth.
4. Whip the 2 eggs and 2 egg yolks together, and add the eggs to the cream cheese mixture, mixing it
just long enough to incorporate them into the mixture. Pour mixture into the spring form pan.
5. Combine the chocolate chips and remaining butter, and melt over low heat or in a double-boiler,
whisking constantly until smooth. Pour approximately half of this mixture into a circular pattern into
the cream cheese mixture. Use a toothpick to stir the chocolate to create a swirl effect.
6. Place cheesecake into a pre-heated oven and bake until done, approximately 1 hour and 20 minutes.
Remove from oven and let cool at room temperature for 1 hour, then chill in refrigerator.
7. The other half of the chocolate mixture is used for garnish. Once the cheesecake has chilled,
warm up the chocolate mixture, and drizzle or pipe thin stripes on top of it. Another option
is to mix chocolate with a little bit of cream cheese and pipe rosettes on each slice.

That is the same lime juice I have used. I went searching for it after a cooking show said hands down the best for key lime pie. thanks for the recipe. I thinks I'm going to AJ's again!
Revvys choclate stout cheesecake looks enticing as well, but I would jazz it up with some raspberry too. I will be your guinea pig;)

Just a few things i have picked up after many years and dozens of cheesecakes...

always add your eggs last, make sure they are room temperature, and don't over beat them or add too much air...

leave the cream cheese out overnight and beat on a slow speed until smooth and silky. again, be careful not to add too much air.

IF your cheese and eggs are not RT your oven time will be off.

Cheesecake is pretty easy yet it is also a labor of love and takes a good dose of patience. I will have to try out that stout cheesecake. One of my all time favorites is a sweet potato coconut cheesecake... mmmm yummy! Very labor intensive yet worth every effort.

Cheesecake is pretty easy yet it is also a labor of love and takes a good dose of patience. I will have to try out that stout cheesecake. One of my all time favorites is a sweet potato coconut cheesecake... mmmm yummy! Very labor intensive yet worth every effort.

Thanks for the tips!!

Can I have the sweet potato Coconut recipe?...sweet potatoes are one of my favorite foods.

Sweet potatoes
4 cups 1/3-inch cubes peeled red-skinned sweet potatoes (yams)
1 cup water
1/4 cup orange juice
3 tablespoons sugar
3 tablespoons (packed) golden brown sugar
2 teaspoons unsalted butter
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon (packed) finely grated orange peel
1 teaspoon (packed) finely grated lemon peel
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
Pinch of ground nutmeg
1 large egg
2 tablespoons whipping cream
Crumb coating
Powdered sugar
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted

Filling
2 1/2 8-ounce packages cream cheese, room temperature
3/4 cup whole-milk ricotta cheese
3/4 cup sugar
4 large eggs
1 15-ounce can sweetened cream of coconut (such as Coco López)*
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon (packed) finely grated lemon peel
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup sweetened flaked coconut

Additional sweetened flaked coconut, toasted

PreparationFor sweet potatoes:
Combine first 13 ingredients in large saucepan. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer uncovered until potatoes are very tender and most of liquid is absorbed, stirring occasionally, about 40 minutes. Transfer mixture to processor; puree until smooth. Whisk egg and cream in medium bowl to blend. Add 2 1/3 cups sweet potato puree and whisk to blend well. Cover and chill sweet potato mixture until cold.
For crumb coating:
Butter 10-inch-diameter springform pan with 2 1/2- to 2 3/4-inch-high sides; dust with powdered sugar. Mix graham cracker crumbs and melted butter in medium bowl until crumbs are evenly moistened. Press crumb mixture evenly over bottom and up sides of pan (coating will be thin). Chill 30 minutes. (Sweet potato mixture and crumb coating can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover; chill separately.)

For filling:
Preheat oven to 350°F. Using electric mixer, beat cream cheese, ricotta cheese, and sugar in large bowl until smooth. Beat in eggs 1 at a time. Add cream of coconut, lemon juice, lemon peel, and vanilla; beat until smooth. Fold in 1 cup flaked coconut and sweet potato mixture. Pour filling into prepared pan.

Place pan on rimmed baking sheet and bake cake until filling is just set in center, about 1 hour 20 minutes. Transfer cheesecake directly to refrigerator and chill uncovered overnight (center may sink). (Can be prepared 3 days ahead. Cover and keep chilled.)

Run small knife between cake and pan sides to loosen cake; remove sides. Place cake on platter. Sprinkle toasted unsweetened coconut over top edge of cheesecake. Serve chilled.

*from Epicurious.com

Back