Baco Crustacean Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schlenkerla

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
PETA Will be happy No Crustaceans where used in this beer.

Man you need to try this if you like bacos!!! :rockin:

I ground the "Bits" version of bacos in my coffee grinder. Then used two saucers. One for the water dip and the other for the fine baco-grind.

Baco_Wheat_005.jpg

Baco_Wheat_007.jpg

Water dip then baco twist. Wa-lah .... This one is on a commercial wheat beer.

Baco_Wheat_001.jpg

Bacon Rim-Job?......... :eek:

Srsly, I can't really imagine how those flavors go together. But I guess anything's possible!

Bacon Rim-Job?......... :eek:

Srsly, I can't really imagine how those flavors go together. But I guess anything's possible!

Its a trial balloon for my hot smoked pepper wheat. I have been aching to try it for some time.

FWIW - I've been known to eat a whole jar of bacos when I'm half in the bag.

It also takes the funk out of this GI-312 Urban wheat. I'm fresh out of limes...

Yesterday - I was drinking this GI-312 with grapefruit slices. Somethin's afoul with this beer.

That's the other motivation. Bacos covers that aftertaste. I really think with smoked pepper beer it will be much better.

According to Garrett Oliver author of "The Brewmaster's Table", the perfect pairing for bacon is Bavarian weissbier or Belgian Wit. So this isn't too far off pairing-wise. I just gave it a closer pairing so to speak. :D

No dissaproval here. I just see 'crustacean' and get excited.

The use of crustacean is a bit misleading. For punishment I drink one of these w/o the crusting.

I fergit where you are from....

....CT has some good crab & lobster right?

Sounds like two awesome ingredients that should never be mated in that way.

Now, a big BLT and an IPA would be good... on the side, of course.

Damn, I am hungry now.

Sounds like two awesome ingredients that should never be mated in that way.

Now, a big BLT and an IPA would be good... on the side, of course.

Damn, I am hungry now.

I would never stuff a BLT in my beer. The mayo would kill the head!

Interesting. My luck I'd pour the beer first then try and get the bits on the rim. :drunk:

This was my "Lime Fix" for 312.

But.... I have a smoked-wheat-pepper-beer that may go pretty good with bacos & a slice of smoked sausage. Think a martini glass is appropriate.

Its not like you'll have 3 or 4 of these in a row. In fact a bit of monty-jack on toothpick could be good too.

Just floatin' a weird idear....

Back