"Batch 19"

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheesehed007

Reaction score
Has anyone tried it yet? I picked up a bottle this evening. Made by Coors, a lager from pre-prohibition recipe. If nothing else it's a cool looking bottle...

image-2234587842.jpg

Tried it on draft last summer. I remember thinking it was unique and I thought a well made beer. It wasn't really my taste, but I could see others liking it. I thought the hops flavor was a little too herbal for me.

Well, I'm torn on this one.

I really dislike that it's another BMC attempt at playing craft. But I accept at face value that it's true to a recipe that was in use before Prohibition. And I think that's cool. I drank some last weekend at a local microbrew festival and enjoyed it well enough.

Probably won't ever spend money on it.

Just downed one. It's not half bed. Kinda good. The one down side is the bottle is a twist off. In to the recycling.

tried it last night. i didn't see it was Coors when i found it at the store or i wouldnt have bothered. opened the first one and found lousy shallow american beer taste hiding behind an indie label. read said label more carefully and understood what was going on. and they say "inspired" by a pre-prohibition recipe, which means nothing in terms of authenticity. it's definitely inspired marketing, but to me all their product tastes the same. might be the tailings in the creek water.

Just had one and it brought t' mind a slightly hoppy Yeungling lager. Not bad as I like Yeungling but nothing really distinguishing. Not a bad try really. I might buy the occaisional sixer. Too bad the bottle is a twist off. I'd definately buy a case for decent beer and a really cool bottle.

moski said:
Just had one and it brought t' mind a slightly hoppy Yeungling lager. Not bad as I like Yeungling but nothing really distinguishing. Not a bad try really. I might buy the occaisional sixer. Too bad the bottle is a twist off. I'd definately buy a case for decent beer and a really cool bottle.

The bottles ARE pretty cool. That's why I bought two (wasn't paying attention to the face they're twist off).

I thought it was pretty decent. I probably won't buy more, if for no other reason than if I'm drinking commercial beer, I prefer to be able to reuse the bottle, and it's not special enough to make an exception. I do give them credit for at least trying to make a more flavorful beer.

I'm just getting tired of the macro brewers making SLIGHTLY more flavorful beer and claiming that it's the coolest thing in the world. REALLY? Cool story, bro.

I first had it on draft at a bar I don't frequent too often. I thought it was decent. Ended up buying a sixer of it for the Super Bowl (wanted a friend to try it)and that was when I noticed it was brewed by Coors. That was when I was impressed. They brewed something I will drink!

Reminded me of visiting Busch Gardens a long time ago and tasting some beers there and thinking "why don't you guys actually produce some of this because it's not bad". My guess is the effect it might have on their bottom line.

I'd also guess you wont see 19 around for too awful long so I'll enjoy a pint from time to time til it's gone.

brewed by Coors. That was when I was impressed. They brewed something I will drink!

Coors does some good stuff. A lot of the Blue Moon seasonals aren't bad. They also have one called Colorado Native (amber lager) that is good. All local Colorado ingreadients.

The Blue Moon brewery at the Rockies stadium also has some good stuff during the summer.

Back