Futurama Beer Names!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaxSpang

Reaction score
I am a total Futurama nerd, so 2 seconds ago I decidedthat I think it would be funny to make a few beers with Futurama-referenced names.

So, any fans of the show - chime in! Let's try to come up with some funny. Maybe I'll send you a bottle of the end result if you have a good name!

Here's what I came up with so far:

Bender's Big Barleywine - obviously, a barelywine. It's referencing the first straight-to-DVD film Bender's Big Score.

Phillip J. Fry-P.A. - An IPA with an orange color to match Fry's hair

1BDIPA - obscure reference to Leela's apartment number, 1BDI (one beady eye). An IPA.

Brannigan's Lager - Zap Brannigan. Reference to "Brannigans Law", or "Brannigans Log." A lager

Slurm - reference to the addictive soda on Futurama called... well, Slurm!

The Luck of the Fryrish - reference to an episode with the same title. And Irish Ale or Irish Dry Stout.

Panucci's Pizza Haus Ale - reference to the pizza place that Fry worked at in the year 2000. A pale ale.

I am going to be thinking of more of these, but please start throwin' ideas at me!

I say just reproduce the beer they made on their own: Benderbrau. Or Botweisen if it's a lager.

You could also reproduce the beer for the working man, LöBrau, Pabst Blue Robot (full with metal shavings inside!), or St. Pauli Exclusion Principle Girl :).

Here are a few more...

Buggalo Brown Porter

Bender's Best Bitter

Wong way to Marz-enbier (marzenbier)

Hundred Cup Coffee Stout

Bendin' in the Rye IIPA

Lord Nibbler's Nut Brown Ale

I don't know what kind of beer it would be (maybe a cherry/raspberry beer) but...Big Pink. The only gum with the breath freshening power of ham. And it pinkens your teeth while you chew.

I like the Nibler's Dark Matter! That was awesome.

Gotta throw Hypnotoad into one.

I'm trying something similar but with Dumb and Dumber. We're going to a Dumb and Dumber party this summer and I'm brewing for it. We watched it the other night I had about a million, now they're all gone.

I'm sad, because I've seen every episode multiple times and I could never come up with names as good as these. Good work.

Blurnsball Brew

Madison Cubed Biergarden Dunkle (Or any lager for that mater)

Alternate Universe Bier get it? :D

Leela's One IPA

Planet Espresso Stout

Cryogenic Lab's Ice Beer

Herme's Limbo Light Lager

I've always wanted to make a batch of Klein's Beer. It'd take forever to bottle though.

Some others from the show:
Olde Fortran Malt Liquor
Sam Adams' Head

Officer Smitty's Lightsaber Lager
Elzars Fine Ale ----Bam!
Hypnotoad Stout "Everybody Loves Hypnotoad"
Kif Krokers Spineless Ale
Barbados Slim the Mahogany God Lager
Sweet Clyde Dixons Time Keeps on Slippin' Sippin' Siason

I move for a trilogy of barleywines in honor of the fallen heroes Old Man Waterfall, Free Waterfall Senior, and Free Waterfall Junior.

EDIT: Also, Decapodian Dubbel, DOOP Dunkel.

One has to be completely out of the style guidelines, so when people ask you what it is, you get to just say, "Scruffy"

One has to be completely out of the style guidelines, so when people ask you what it is, you get to just say, "Scruffy"

"Scruffy. The Janitor"

Like a completely crazy beer that doesn't fit into any guidelines. I love it.

You guys have posted some amazing beer names, I am definitely going to make a few of these and send a bottle or two to whoever came up with the names. Keep'em coming!

Seriously, you guys are coming up with some incredible names! :rockin:

This thread has been like a song I can't get out of my head...damnit

If you ever do an Arrogant Bastard clone:

mom-bastard.gif

Snoo snoo broo hoo - Nice thing is that it can be applied to any type!
Smismar Stout - Not as flexible, but a solid alliteration.

Wicky Whim Wham Wazzle Weizen
Grunka Lunka Gruit
Wumpus Berry Wheat
The Grumpy Ale
Calculon's Kölsch
How Hermes Requisitioned His Gruit Back
Dirty Double Cross DIPA
The Deep South Oyster Stout

If you're going to make a panty dropper, it has to be called Death by Snoo Snoo.

The spirit is willing but the flesh is spongy and bruised.

My contribution:

Soylent Ale: 100% Earthican (Style and taste vary from person to person).

There are some brilliant ones here already, but I'll suggest a few more:

Elzar's Spice Weasel Witbier

Hedonism Bot Deliciously Decadent Golden Ale (with added grape must)

Djambi Juice

Hermes Conrad's Caribbean Draino (Red Stripe clone with jerked prunes)

Crocodylus Pontifex Abbey Ale (brought to you by: thuuuhhhh Space Pope!)

Back