Fermentation chamber ideas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OsbornBrewing

Reaction score
The family came through BIG TIME and I got a stack of Home Depot cards to play with! :). I want to make a fermentation chamber, and want to hear / see your ideas!!!
Here's the rules:
1) SWMBO says it has to fit under the stairs. So no full size refrigerator/freezer conversions
2) I want control, so not swamp coolers, ice baths, etc. I am done with that.
3) I'd like to do Lagers and Ales, so 2 chambers if possible.
4) I have a mini-freezer, about 4ft tall that could be used as the chilling source. Will post specs as soon as I get home.

So hit me with ideas! Or links. I did a search and what I came up with was insulation boxes and tubs chilled with ice. I would like to get a little more technical then that. You guys are an innovative bunch so I am eager to hear, see, read your ideas!

the room type window mount air conditioners work pretty well for fermentation system chilling.

mini fridge cooling a 2x4 framed, foam insulated box? heat with a small space heater, could easily fit space for 5 fermenters under a stairway

Under the Stairs, huh? Any way to close off that space, insulate the ways an install a fan for cooling.

Here is my build that i originaly designed to fit under the stairs in my basement. https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/my-fermentation-chamber-build-242016/ The original plan was to run it off of a mini fridge 2.7 cf. I made some minor alterations to run it off my kezzer when funds started to run dry. The original dimensions with the platform for the fridge was 72 inches wide, by 2 ft deep, by 32 inches high. You could shorten the width by 14 ish inches if you only want to fit 2 fermenters in it.

Back