belgian stout

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smthgfshy

Reaction score
First off.....a very big middle finger to everyone who read my first posts on my weary trepidations over my first few batches. With all your wise ass wisdom and remarks I'm still brewing (all grain now) and currently going poor and getting fat while working at my local homebrew shop. Yeah, now I give out advice!! So Thanks!!! I'm addicted. You created me!!

I'm also addicted to belgian stouts even though I've never had one. I need a recipe. I'm thinking some:

75% Belgian Pils
10% Caramunich
5% Rye
5% Midnight Wheat
5% Carafa III
2 lbs Dark belgian candi sugar (80L)
Hallertauer
Saaz

Wyeast PC Belgian Stout yeast

og1.080-ish, 25srm-ish, 20ibu-ish, fg1.012-ish

what say you??

I might suggest upping the biterness a little. With an og of 1080 I would suggest 35ibu @ least. Also, It's not cool at all to go poor and get fat. No matter how cool it is to be "working" at the LHBS.

If this is 5 gallons I think you might have a little trouble finishing that high with 2 pounds of sugar. I might throw that out or at the very least maybe use only half. A dark roasty beer that finishes thin can be a little harsh, trust me have done it before a few times.

Latest posts

Back