Building a Wet Bar

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lepoc2635

Reaction score
Has anyone come across plans for building a bar in their home? I'd love to be able to dispense my own beer at my own bar. I've seen a ton of sites that offer to sell plans, but from what I've seen people do on this site, I'd be a moron to pay for plans.

By the way, I just came across John Beere's walkin cooler, and I must say, "Bravo, sir!"

Also, in case you weren't aware... I'd like to say that it's really great of you guys to take the time to document these projects. Most of us (or some of us) aren't exactly Bob Vila and wouldn't be able to do some of this without everyone's help.

:mug:

I searched for days trying to find plans, and finally decided to do my own.

I am at work, and only have the 3D files, not pics of the (very unfinished) bar itself, but it should show what I am doing.

http://s57.photobucket.com/albums/g234/KwaiLoCdn/?action=view&current=bar.jpg

It is built in 2x6, with tongue and groove for trim. The two large blocks are the fridges. I have some pics of the work so far at home, which I will post later.

The thing about bars is they are usually buikt to fit a certain area so even if you found plans they would probably need to be modified.

It took me a while to figure out the layout that would fit best in this area and when I drew up the bar I didn't even have the room built yet. I don't have plans because I draw on paper and my drawings are long gone.

26.jpg

bar.jpg

I bought plans from www.barplan.com , although I had to modify the plans to get it to work in my situation. Mine isn't a wet bar right now but I could pretty easily make it one. I built in a spot for a sink but I haven't pulled the trigger yet, and probably won't in this one.

I have plans in my mind for version 2 of the bar for when we move and buy the next house.

BTW, I think a membership at barplan.com is like 20 bucks for lifetime access to the plans. They have about 6 different plans and also plans for other cool stuff you can build. Worth it for me.

I have to agree with monster, the best home bars i've seen are ones that are built to the area they are in.

You may take a look at this link for sometips.

I've been thinking lately that ordinary kitchen lower cupboards could serve as the basic framework. They could then be skinned with thin sections of the plywood of your choice. You would have an almost infinite selection of door/drawer units to work from. Construct a 2x4 frame on the back edge, and then mount the bar top. Add some angle brackets for support, and make or buy a counter for the work area, and the bar is done. Probably neither as cost effective or as satisfying as building one from scratch, but I think it would work.

Post a google scetchup of the area you want to fit the bar into, and i'll draw up a bar for you..

Latest posts

Back