Franziskaner hefeweizen

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chainsawbrewing

Reaction score
this hefe was one of the best i've had. perfect balance of bannana and clove flavors, sweet as candy. you'd get full on yeast far before you'd get sick of drinking them, or drunk.

i got my first taste of this on indianapolis' northeast side, at a pub called "fox and hound" . they had it on draft, and i will be going back for more.

delicious beer!

Franziskaner ist das meist verkaufte weizen bier in Deutschland. Please take a trip to Germany and try other hefeweizen bier, if you like franziskaner then you will think you died and went to weizen bier heaven

jfo1229a said:
Franziskaner ist das meist verkaufte weizen bier in Deutschland. Please take a trip to Germany and try other hefeweizen bier, if you like franziskaner then you will think you died and went to weizen bier heaven

It's true: drinking a hefeweizen in a small brewpub in Germany is what got me into beer. Period. Vogelbrau in Ettlingen.
You can't get that in the US, but you can get Weihenstephaner, which is my fave bottled hefe. Have fun exploring this style, very complex, and like a good IPA, best drunk fresh!

I make a mean hefeweizen and I took the yeast from a bottle of Franziskaner and propagated the yeast (that I have used for years)!! It is the best Hefeweizen our there!!!

I will have to try and harvest the yeast from f Franzis since it's my fave hefe, although I think I read somewhere that they bottled with a different strain.. anybody know if this is true?

Braueri Castel is one of my favorites. Franzkaner is great for us stuck here in the States. I'm going back to Northern Germany next summer.

Back