UUGGHHHH, Horrible brew day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChadChaney

Reaction score
Still cleaning up, kids awake, etc. Horrible brew day, ended up having to dump the entire brew pot into fermentor, will this beer make it? All the trub is in there, not a good day...

You're good! You will need to avoid sucking it up when bottling or kegging but otherwise there is no problem having the trub in your fermenter.

Lot of info there... not. Maybe tell us what happened and we can help. If all you're worried about it trub then you have nothing to worry about, just avoid getting it in your bottles as mentioned.

Rev.

I always dump the entire contents of the kettle into my fermentor. The trub will compact on the bottom. RDWHAHB.

That s not even close to a horrible brew day. Horrible brew day is when you find yourself elbow deep in very hot wort trying to unclog your dip tube because you were to drunk to realize that dried orange peel dont float in wort.

That s not even close to a horrible brew day. Horrible brew day is when you find yourself elbow deep in very hot wort trying to unclog your dip tube because you were to drunk to realize that dried orange peel dont float in wort.

Was this a Belgian Wit in a Blichmann? I've done several with dried orange peel with no problems. Just the other day, I don't recall how it came up in my head, I'd actually wondered how my dip tube has never clogged up when those pieces of orange peel can be pretty thick.

Rev.

Yes a wit for the wife. It was in my keggle and the sad err umm drunkin part was I had my hop spider in there and just tossed the bag of goodies in without a thought. Could have used the spider. Too damn drunk by then......Live and learn.

Back