Who has cones already?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ashford

Reaction score
Baby cones growing down in Houston already. Sorry for the blurry pictures - it is too windy to get a good shot!

IMG_6585.jpg

IMG_6586.jpg

IMG_6587.jpg

Cones!? I just got sprouts! :rockin:

Just a little difference in climate, though. ;)

No way! My hops are still sitting in the plastic pots. I'm waiting 'til it warms up a bit. I'm jealous . . . . .

NRS

wtf?! In France, plants just begin ^^
I don't know if I will have cones, it's the first years that I cultivate

Think I've seen the sun 3 days this year, however Centennials are 3 feet tall and just waiting for the annual Aphid infestation to begin. Yes I am an optimist - LOL Cascades are almost as tall and the Magnums are a foot or so.

Yooper said:
Off-topic, but can I drop off the rhizomes tomorrow around noon? I can bring them to work and I get done at noon. Do you want me to come by the shop, or to your house?

Sure. That would be great. You can just drop them off in my garage or give me a call and I will meet you there. I'd like to get your opinion of our patersbier anyway.

Wow... I've just got shoots on three of my rhizomes, and the rest I've ordered haven't even been shipped to me yet! I am in Northern Massachusetts however...

craziness.. I have 4 new plants and 1 3rd year plant. The 3rd year is only about 2-3 feet tall, just big enough to start it climbing. The rest are just now poking out of the ground. It hasn't warmed up here yet, we've had some sporadic 70s but mostly it's been 50s and 60s. I expect they'll take off pretty soon, the weather is showing signs of getting warmer.

I have three plants. A sterling that is about 2-2.5 feet tall. No burrs yet. My Mt. Hood haven't broken the soil yet. The Kent Golding just broke the soil this week.

I have crappy soil and didn't do a great job of amending the soil. I also accidentally tore out most of the roots and shoots on the Mt. Hood and Kent Golding trying to replant them closer to the surface. I planted them way, way too deep.

wow nice.....no burs yet most plants 5 to 7 feet

crappy picture, i imagine by july they will spontaneous combust...in this heat/drought

101_0361.jpg

Back