nothing to do, sigh

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JWHooper

Reaction score
I made a bunch of wine, and now I have to just sit here and wait forever.

I still have a 5 gallon fermenting bucket and two 1 gallon glass jugs available, but I need instant gratification!!! OK, maybe I can wait a week ... or MAYBE two if I have to.

The guy at my supply store said that I could be drinking beer much sooner. How soon? I willing to forego the ultimate quality to have something finished soon. What about mead or hard cider?

Don't tell me to just calm down, buy a six pack and wait. I have brewing fever!:mug:

If you keg, you can be drinking a hefeweizen or an English Mild in 2 weeks- 4 if you bottle. Neither case would involve sacrificing quality.

You sound like me! I was a winemaker first- but then found out that my best wine wouldn't really be ready for two YEARS! Then I made some cider, and that took like 8 months! So, then I switch to beer. Four to six weeks from boiling to drinking- much more my style! Of course, now I have enough beer and wine in the pipeline that I can properly age most (well, some) of it.

Of course, now I have enough beer and wine in the pipeline that I can properly age most (well, some) of it.

Arggh! Your pipeline makes me so jealous! I have more gnat-like patience, so even the 3 month Welch's wine and Apfelwein recipes just won't do. I need more to do, and less time to wait.:rockin:

I'll check those links out, thanks.

Back