First Brew in the Bottle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ctanner

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm new to the board and new to brewing. A couple of friends and I decided to give brewing our own beer a shot. We bought a Brewer's Best equipment kit and a few addons (glass carboy, auto-siphon, etc.) and brewed up a batch of Brewer's Best American Cream Ale. We left it in the primary (plastic) fermenter for 6 days and then racked to a glass carboy secondary. It stayed there for about 12 days, and we put it into bottles yesterday. We also started our next batch, a Brewer's Best Weizenbier yesterday.

On our next batch we plan to break away from the kits (gasp) and try our hands at brewing a batch of Watermelon Ale. Should be fun and adventursome. I can't wait to make a Belgian Wit which will be our next batch after the Watermelon one.

No real point to this post. Just introducing myself.

Cheers,
Chris

edit: Just realized I posted this in General when I meant it to go in Beginner's. Can a moderator move it please?

Born Brewing Co. said:
Welcome to the addiction!! Brewing is barrels of fun! :D

What he said! Just learn to embrace it (the addiction) - it'll take up lots of your time & money but your friends will somehow multiply :D

and watermelon ale - sounds fun!

Back