World of Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zuljin

I come from the water
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
There's a World of Beer in Arlington. A friend of mine has been. He says it's like the Flying Saucer in selection, but not as crowded as the one in Addison. Yelp gives in 3 1/2 stars.

Yall been?

Not really like Flying Saucer except they have a lot of beer. They do have a lot of beer. Other than a small selection of local offerings most of the beers are widely distributed.

I went not too long ago with a friend of mine. I think it beats the Flying Saucer's selection in Fort Worth (the only one I've been to in DFW area), not to mention their staff is really well trained. I would almost say cicerone level. They do support up and coming breweries such as Revolver Brewing in Granbury and Martin House brewing. WoB is still no where near the Draught House in Austin as far as rarity/originals can go. I always make sure to go when I go to Austin to visit family.

Also, Zuljin, he was coolest in WC3. :fro:

I also agree WoB beats Flying Saucer in terms of sheer beer and their support of local beer, although the Flying Saucer in Austin carries a lot more local beers than the ones in DFW carry either Austin or DFW beers. Austin's a different animal altogether with its beer culture, so maybe it's an irrelevant comparison. I'm not a particularly huge fan of Flying Saucer because they tend to be more expensive than other beer bars for the exact same beers. I've also had a few beers come out from obviously dirty lines.

One thing about Flying Saucer in Columbia, though, is they DO have at least one day per week and sometimes two where they offer $3 drafts which I feel is a fair price for something good. I rarely go out, tho, so that kind of thing is usually wasted on me anyway. lol SWMBO does not drink at all so she has no interest in going with me, so the only reason I have for visiting the tavern is to try different beers to see if I like them.

We just had one open in San Antonio so I'll be making some time soon to go check it out. Flying Saucer and Freetail Brewing are a lot closer to me so they will likely remain my standbys but it's good to have options!

I enjoy WOB in Arlington. The bartenders are very knowledgeable. They have a keep the glass special on Mondays as well as a randleized beer. I had a saison infused with sour patch kids last Monday. It was interesting for sure. They have a loyalty club. Everyone there is very laid back.

Latest posts

Back