Any fans of sour beer in the DC area?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FatBaldBeerGuy

Reaction score
OK,

So I brewed a Kolsch in late June. Fermented nicely, racked it to a secondary to let it age and clean up a bit. Unfortunately time got the best of me and I couldn't get around to bottling when i wanted. I figured it was well sealed so it should be fine.

Now, after bottling and a good 4 weeks plus in bottles; I have a definite sour beer of some form... Upon smelling the first bottle I knew that it came from my original yeast as well, I think perhaps they got partially overthrown by something else...

Anyway; I am not sure if it is even drinkable at this point; and I am hoping to get some assistance from someone with more experience than I currently have. Is there anyone in the DC area interested in sampling a decidely sour beer to see if it is somehow salvageable? :eek:

FatBaldBeerGuy said:
OK,

So I brewed a Kolsch in late June. Fermented nicely, racked it to a secondary to let it age and clean up a bit. Unfortunately time got the best of me and I couldn't get around to bottling when i wanted. I figured it was well sealed so it should be fine.

Now, after bottling and a good 4 weeks plus in bottles; I have a definite sour beer of some form... Upon smelling the first bottle I knew that it came from my original yeast as well, I think perhaps they got partially overthrown by something else...

Anyway; I am not sure if it is even drinkable at this point; and I am hoping to get some assistance from someone with more experience than I currently have. Is there anyone in the DC area interested in sampling a decidely sour beer to see if it is somehow salvageable? :eek:

Throw it away kid. Start again. Something must have entered it and made it bad. Usually bacteria. I'm in Baltimore, I do come down to dc often. Brewing all grain tomorrow. Let me know if you needhelp. Remember to sanitize everything.

Let me know where I can meet you, I'll bring you a 6 pack. I've never had sour beers before so I don't know if it's just bad or salvageable...

I've tried it, and it isn't terrible; just sour.

Back