I need help asap

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gtgirl20

Reaction score
I am making homemade wine the easy way with juice I pored about a cup out and added 2 cups of sugar and 2 tablespoons of yeast boiled my s shaped air lock and Once I put the carboy and air lock in I filled the air lock with water but only the right side will fill but if i squeeze it i get both sides on max also it won't burp could this be because my juice is to cold? It is kinda cold so I put a towel around it do you think it will burp once it warms up?

Did you boil the yeast? If so, you killed it.

Also, you will get better responses here if you make your posts a bit easier to read.

Many people here make lots of apple wine a.k.a. Apfelwein, which is similar to your project in that we use store-bought juice, additives, and yeast. It's really easy once you get the hang of it.

No I only boiled the carboy and air lock but I don't understand why It will not burp and why it won't fill the left side on the air lock

S shaped airlocks are wierd. Sometimes one side fills up, sometimes both fill up. Don't worry about that.
When did you put it all together? It could take a few days to start bubbling.

Halbrust said:
S shaped airlocks are wierd. Sometimes one side fills up, sometimes both fill up. Don't worry about that.
When did you put it all together? It could take a few days to start bubbling.

About 20 mins ago

Don't even worry about fermentation (or the airlock bubbling) until at least Friday

Halbrust said:
Don't even worry about fermentation (or the airlock bubbling) until at least Friday

If it don't start by then I will post back so I don't have to worry about the water in one side or another?

Yeah, you're fine! If your temperature is at least 65º fermentation should start in a day or so. Don't worry about the water in the airlock- you'll see pressure build up as fermentation starts.

gtgirl20 said:
The yeast finally fell I moved the bottle into my closet and kept the towel around it

image-903710283.jpg

This all was at the bottom when I checked it? Is it the yeast? And also the juice was fruit punch as red as can me now it's a light peach color juice

That is most likely yeast.

Leave it alone.
Set it down and walk away. No, seriously.
Leave it alone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Don't look at it again until 1/9/13.
There is nothing you can do, it's the yeast doing all the work now.
Leave it alone!

Halbrust said:
That is most likely yeast.

Leave it alone.
Set it down and walk away. No, seriously.
Leave it alone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Don't look at it again until 1/9/13.
There is nothing you can do, it's the yeast doing all the work now.
Leave it alone!

Ok

DoctorCAD said:
In a closet, wrapped with a towel, airlocked.

Im going to put money on a volcano shortly!

It's been in there since yesterday evening but I moved it to my bathroom closet got too cool I just started a new batch with home made air lock

image-3979585943.jpg

Back