Chest Freezer Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3RiverBrewer

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm taking on a pretty big project with a Chest Freezer Kegerator and was looking for some help. I would love nothing more than to buy a conversion kit but sadly I can't find one that would work well for exactly what I want to do.

I want run 4 lines from my freezer in the basement up a floor into my kitchen and have the taps come out of the wall. From what I can tell I am going to need the following to make this work.

Chest Freezer
CO2 Tank w/ Regulator
4 Secondary Regulators (to control proper carbination for each keg)
4 Air Lines
4 Ball Lock Cornies
4 Beer Lines
4 Straight Shanks
4 Faucets w/ Handles

I know I am missing a ton of stuff I will need and I was hoping I could get some help regarding this, becuase im sadly getting a bit overwelmed :confused:.

I know I need a connector (well 4 of them) from the beer line to the keg and the shank it self but anything I've found searching only has these beer lines ranging 5-6 feet and not the 10+ that I will need.

I also have no idea what kind of connectors/hardware I'm going to need to connect all of this.

Any help would be most appreciated! :rockin:

If you contact keg connection, they will modify their kits to fit your needs. If you want 15 foot beverage lines, email them and they will modify a kit and quote you a price. One thing to remember, is that since your taps will be so far away from the chest freezer, the beer lines will warm and you will likely have foaming issues. One way to compensate this would be to run the lines in an insulated tube into an insulated tap box. Then you will need a small fan motor in the chest freezer that blows cold air up into the insulated tubes and tap box. Also, another thing to think about: Do you really NEED to control the carbonation in each keg??? That seems like a bit overkill especially since most beers can be carbonated to roughly the same psi without any ill effects. I have a dual body regulator that I bought for the purpose of adjusting pressure on one keg differently, but find that I end up keeping all the pressure the same anyways.

Thanks BigB, I took your advice and decided not to go with the multiple regulators I think the idea of it compared to the logic (and price) of it got the best of me. I just picked up my chest freezer a Kenmore Model 18702 which will easily hold 5 kegs (cornie pepsi) and CO2 and possibly 6 kegs very tightly - plan on writing a review on the chest once it is up and running.

Now I just need to order the kit and start brewing some more! I will give updates and eventually pictures as it is being assembled.

I am thinking about the same thing, but your post on the kitchen set up (4 taps, etc) never went anywhere.

I am thinking the same thing, but worried about keeping lines cool, etc, and what did you mount the taps to?

I will pm you also...

If you have any ideas, I would definitely appreciate it!

Back