Still have lots of flaky stuff in sceondary

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gramps

Reaction score
I have an American Wheat that I had in the primary for a week. When I first poured the wort in the fermentation bucket I screwed up and did not get the lid down really tight but my airlock was going crazy. Then after about 3 days no action at all. I had one side that was letting out CO2. After I discovered this I shook the primary a little and things turned to normal. After 7 days in primary I transferred to secondary. It has been in the secondary for 5 days and it has still not cleared. There seems to be small particles floating on top instead of on the bottom. Have I done any harm to my batch or will it eventually clear and be ready to bottle in a couple of weeks? Cheers

it will definitely be fine. another couple of weeks before bottling will do it.

I'm a stickler for "clear" beer, and its always somewhat unsettling when I open up the primary and see primordial ooze with crap floating in it even after a couple weeks.

Thanks thrawn86!
I really appreciate all the expertise on this forum since this is only my second batch in my old age. My first was an American Lite which is bottled and waiting to be drank in a couple more weeks. I have had a couple that I put in the fridge and cooled down but the carbonation isn't there yet. Can't wait until it is done completely. Cheers everyone!!

it will definitely be fine. another couple of weeks before bottling will do it.

I'm a stickler for "clear" beer, and its always somewhat unsettling when I open up the primary and see primordial ooze with crap floating in it even after a couple weeks.

This is a wheat though. Letting it sit too long will take it past its prime. Then again, I don't care for a clear wheat. Give me all that yeasty goodness!

Back