Att: Raleigh Guys

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boston

Reaction score
Can we agree on a firm date to visit either Carolina Brewing or Edenton St. Brewery? We kinda left it hanging. Seems that 2-18 is not good for everyone. How does 2-25 look? How about 3-04? Let's not let this idea die from lack of interest.

Also, I've got some Nugget hops growing in the back yard, I'll be happy to cut rhizomes for any of you Raleigh guys who're interested.
Jeff

I'll sign up for 3/4.

Rhizomes would be great, but I need to move to my new place first, so I probably can't use them until next spring. :(

AFAIK 3/4 works for me...I'm down for CB except for this Saturday and possibly next when I'll be out of town. The Edenton St. tour will be the second Saturday in March and is not as frequent as the CB tour, so I'd suggest leaving that Saturday as Edenton St.

The Raleigh guys will be at the Carolina Brewing Company in Holly Springs this Saturday afternoon (03-04-06) at 1 PM for the open house. Any forum members
east of the Mississippi are welcome to join us for a couple of beers.
Jeff

BOSTONBREWIN' said:
The Raleigh guys will be at the Carolina Brewing Company in Holly Springs this Saturday afternoon (03-04-06) at 1 PM for the open house. Any forum members
east of the Mississippi are welcome to join us for a couple of beers.
Jeff

Jeff, are they releasing the Spring Bock this weekend?

Kai

I checked their website on Saturday and they make no mention of it.
Jeff

I'm still planning on hitting it this weekend. I know they released their dopplebock several weeks ago, but I didn't get by to get any. I've actually still got half a case of the barleywine to get through.

I believe Edenton St. would be the following weekend, but I'll doublecheck. I might go by there tonight as it's bluegrass night.

I've straightened out a DD for Saturday, so I'm "all in" as they say on the riverboat. Prepared to test the limits of their charity.

I'm definitely hitting ESB tonight so I'll doublecheck on this month's tour.

Well, I hit ESB but the brewmeister wasn't there...pretty sure the tour is next weekend.

Also, as of this moment I am expected to be in for work this weekend unless I can somehow motivate my team (of mostly hourly contractors) to finish some tasks early, so... :( Hopefully I'll be able to break away, but doubtful.

You guys near Apex, NC? I am probably going to be down there for a bit for work in a couple weeks...

yeah.. Apex is pretty darn close. The house I am buying is technically in Cary, NC but is closer to Apex on a map.

Let us know when you are here and we can meet up. We (BeeGee, BOSTONBREWIN', Kai, and myself) were already planning to meet up in March for lunch anyway, so you're welcome to join us.

-walker

Truble said:
You guys near Apex, NC? I am probably going to be down there for a bit for work in a couple weeks...

I'm about 5 minutes from Apex, BeeGee is about 15 minutes away, Kai is about 10 minutes away.
I've been wanting to check out the (alleged) awesome draft selection at The Flying Saucer in Raleigh.
I'm up for showing a fellow Bosox fan a good time as long as he doesn't come down here and cause Truble.
Jeff

Walker said:
Me and a six-pack of my IPA will meet you at your place at 12:30, Jeff.

-walker

Sounds good.
I will be racking my Porter to secondary on Sunday. I will save a pint of 1098 British for you. Let me know when the hops come in and we'll meet for lunch.
Jeff

I'm bringing a 12-pack of my IPA to my monthly Texas Hold-Em game tonight. I'll let y'all know if I convert anyone to HB.
Jeff

I do the same thing when I play at my buddies house; always toting a 12-pack of HB with me. It's gotten many positive responses, and has gotten a 'retired' homebrewer thinking about starting up again.

The good news is that I usually win some $ when I play. In fact, I've won enough at that game in the last few months to cover the costs of a few batches of beer.

-walker

Kai & Walker, it was good to see you guys yesterday, I had a great time at the brewery. I can't think of a better way to kill 2 hours and a few brain cells on a beautiful Saturday afternoon. BeeGee, sorry you couldn't make it.
Kai, tell the wife that Billerica rules.
BTW, the homebrew was a BIG hit at the poker game.
Jeff

BeeGee said:
Yeah, me too! Didn't get out of work till 3 and I'm logged on remotely now, so pretty much a total waste of a weekend. I hope things clear up before next weekend.

Who's going to Edenton Brewery next Saturday? BeeGee, could you let us know where and when we can all meet?
Jeff

I'm still in negotiations with the wife about whether I can go to EB. I should know within the next day or so.

-walker

Latest posts

Back