Wow costco beer sucks

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spencecore24

Reaction score
But at my lhbs they sell a 24 pack of bottles for 15 bucks. If I go to costco for 2 dollars more I get 24 beers. Cheat the system!

Did you really think it was going to be something spectacular beyond it's price?

Drink it extra cold like any other crap domestic and then fill them with good homebrew.

Release the savings!!!!

I just did the same thing this week and bought the 24 pack of Kirkland brand beers. They are nothing to write home about but, I'm certainly going to drink them. The IPA is hard to choke down however. Oh well, soon these bottle will have a home brewed red ale in them. My first brew day is tomorrow!

I've been spending so much time reading this forum and watching videos that I feel pretty comfortable. I have a few friends coming over that have brewed to help. Looking forward to the fun.

Wow, it's not the best brew as IPA's go.. but, I certainly don't condemn it. I think it's quite drinkable. I know Costco has a number of different breweries doing their work regionally. Maybe the locals in your areas aren't that great. I don't know. I've had two cases and working on my third. Better'n some home brews I've had. Chill.

IPA isn't my favorite style to begin with so maybe that's why I don't care for the Costco brand. The amber in that pack is pretty decent and the Belgian white was pretty good.

I suppose im spoiled. I havent purchased a 6 pack in ages. Been drinking seasonals, sessions, and rare releases. Ugh I just said that outloud. Im such an *******

I bought that pack because I needed a few more bottles. I had some saving their bottle for me to help get a good stock pile, but over half were corona bottles. :(

Corona's are OK as long as you keep them covered until you are ready to drink them. I'm slowly eliminating my C's and only have about a dozen left. The Costco and Sierra Nevada bottles are replacing them. :D

Back