Skunked Magic Hat

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sterling214

Reaction score
I picked up a mixed 6'er at the beer store Sat. night. All was going well until I opened up the Magic Hat #9. It was skunked past being drinkable. I noticed that their bottle was a bit lighter than most of the rest of the bottles that I have saved. The beer store was much too bright, but none of the other beers I picked up showed any sign of being skunked. Has anyone else had any trouble with other Magic Hat beers?

Every Magic Hat #9 I've ever had has tasted like that. I thought they skunked it at the brewery. :D

The ones I have tried in a bottle (only twice) were that bad too. However, I had it on draft for lunch today and it was much better. It was the beer of the month special but I didn't want to order one without a taste first. Much better than in a bottle. Still overrated, but I would get it again on special.

Hi,
Check the age on the bottle.
I've never had any Magic Hat that was stale, but then again, I live about 3 miles from the brewery.
-Andy

Back