What do you rock while you brew?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devin81knez

Reaction score
Just curious about what the brew community jams while they create what could be the next big brew. Personally I blast the black dahlia murder or something just down right evil. What's your poison?

I'm usually play some blues guitar in the background. Something like Stevie Ray Vaughn.

I go cleche. Whatever's Irish.....and some Scottish since I use Pandora for variety. So I get everything from the Chieftans to the Tossers.(It's great fun when Buckets of Beer comes on whilst brewing)

Ah, youth. A shame it's squandered on the young ! I remember being able to multi-task, or I think I can remember remembering. If I listened to music while brewing, I'm afraid I'd either fall asleep or forget what I was doing. What was the subject?

Bob

I'm with Bob on this one. It's kinda distracting at this point. But Stevie Ray,the old delta blues guys,maybe some classic metal or rock when I did. Not so much anymore,as when I'm mashing on the timer,I'm also heating sparge water & talkin to you guys.

I stream Pandora stations, depending on the mood. Many different channels: Stevie Ray Vaughan, Radiohead, Steely Dan, Mumford & Son, Fiona Apple, Gary Clark Jr, Black Keys, Fleet Foxes, etc. Really enjoy having tunes on in the background.

Legion of Mary, Allman Bros, Jerry Garcia Band, Phish. I always play a good live show, its like attending a concert and brewing at the same time. I will say that tunes and brewing go together perfectly. I am in a special mode with good tunes and plenty of brewery work to do.

Rock and blues most of the time. I will put on some Frankie Yankovic when the oktoberfest beer brewing starts up!

Mostly turntablism such as Wax Tailor, DJ Shadow, DJ Babu, EL-P, Cut Chemist, RJD2, Rob Swift and the like along with a lot of hip hop (not radio rap, don't get them mixed up they are different).

Lots of stuff.

Led Zep
Pink Floyd
Weird Al
Ella Riot
Blue Murder (first album was GREAT)
Any Classic Rock
Transiberian Orchestra
RATT Out of the Cellar (the CD is in the garage, so it usually gets played)
Joe Satriani
and especially Euforquestra. Saw those guys in concert at a beer festival in TC once and have been a big fan ever since. Soup is on the playlist most brewdays.

Sometimes I dig up a Basic Brewing or TBN podcast on brewing and listen to that while I'm brewing. When I get rid of my Propane burner and go electric I'll be able to actually hear the music better too!

Same as Garagedweller. I usually go with a live show. Last brew day was Garcia plays Dylan

The Grateful Dead has become my favorite brewhouse music, as it is perfect background music that doesnt grab TOO much of my attention. Have also been playing "the disco biscuits" pandora station lately. It has a great mix of jam bands/classic rock.

Pandora comedian channels! Daniel Tosh, Jim Gaffigan, Aziz Ansari, John Mulaney! Good stuff.

I usually stick to a single artist or genre while brewing. My last brew day was MC Frontalot, but it's been as varied as crooners/pre-60's pop artists (Rat Pack, Bing Crosby or anything else you'd hear in Fallout 3), to The Decemberists, to post rock (Explosions In The Sky, This Will Destroy You, Caspian, etc.) to a metal mix station I have on Pandora (Mastodon, Lamb of God, Red Fang, etc.). Really depends what I'm brewing and my mood that day.

Sometimes Irish stuff (Chieftains, Dubliners), or folksy rock like Johnny Flynn, Mumford, Nickel Creek, sometimes bluegrass Pandora station.

Classic metal is the typical theme. Last brew day was a mix of Iron Maiden and Motorhead :rockin:

Feeling like it might be a drive by truckers/lucero type brew tonight. Usually the ipod is on random though.

Just wondering does anyone else listen to the Pandora comedy stations? That's always another go to for me when brewing, driving , etc. has me laughing my ass off the whole time.

Back