Kegerator Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lunarpancake

Reaction score
I currently have a side by side fridge/freezer in the basement that I use the fridge part to house my kegs. It is TERRIBLE....either freezes them or makes them too warm. The bottom of the unit is much colder than the top and to be honest I would rather get a new unit so I have somewhere to put my bottles (current fridge) and somewhere separate to put the kegs.

I have the opportunity to pickup a large front opening style freezer. Will this coupled with a thermostat solve my issues? or do the front opening freezers have more issues with temperature differences from top to bottom compared to chest style freezers??

I don't know what kind of temperature controller you're using, but with a Johnson you can actually set up multiple sensors and it will average the temperature over all the sensors.

Most upright freezers have the coolant lines running through the shelves so that really limits your possibilities, 'cause you can't cut them out or you ruin your freezer. But if the shelves aren't in your way then a contoller will work just the same.

Back