Special Hoperations

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jumpmaster321

Reaction score
Greetings all. I'd like to introduce myself. I'm Danny, the president of Special Hoperations. Spec Hops is a homebrew club we started in South Tampa (FL) back in March to fill the void of having a local club. With a whopping 6 members at the first meeting, we are already up to 34!

Just wanted to say "Hi" to everyone and to keep posting! I come here almost daily to get a little smarter and to inflame this disease I call "homebrewing".

Oh... we have a website, but its...errrr... a work in progress. If you want to come brew or hang out with us, we meet at Datz (restarurant/bar) on South MacDill Ave on the 2nd and 4th Mondays of the month. We'd love to have you!

www.specialhoperations.com

-danny-

Hi Danny,

If you dont mind me asking how did you start the brewing club? I might try to start one in my area. Are you a member of the bubba army?...

Not sure what the "bubba army" is, but yes.. I'm in the Army.

Starting a club is pretty simple. At least, it can be as simple or complicated as you make it. The main thing is to get a group of homebrewers together and start holding meetings. And you definitely want to register you club with the AHA. Its pretty much just an email and you're done.

We meet every two weeks and discuss how we want to better our club, dates for club brew days, and we always have a tasting.

There really isn't that much to it.

Good luck!

Airborne!

Former 10th Group here.

Good luck with your club and welcome to the site. If I ever go visit my sister again in your way too hot state, I'll try to stop by one of your meetings!

Sorry about the "bubba army" comment what that means is people who listen to Bubba the love spong show. That is a radio program based out of Flordia, im pretty sure around your area. Thanks for the advice, and thanks for your service.

Sorry about the "bubba army" comment what that means is people who listen to Bubba the love spong show. That is a radio program based out of Flordia, im pretty sure around your area. Thanks for the advice, and thanks for your service.

No sweat. I just had no clue what the Bubba Army was. Maybe I should listen to the radio more!

Latest posts

Back