Can I transport a freezer on it side without ruining it?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

befus

Reaction score
:confused: Found a 5 cu. in. keezer subject, but only have my Subaru to pick it up. I would need to lay it on its side for the 30 minute drive back. Will this ruin it?

It's my understanding that it will be just fine. However, you should wait 24 hrs before plugging it in. This allows compressor oil and refrigerant to settle into their proper places.

Turned my freezer on its end to get it into my basement. Above is correct let it sit 24 hours before plugging it in and you are good.

Well gotta love Craig's list. After these notes I told her I'd take it and she writes back, "My husband says he doesn't want to sell it".......geez.

I drove with a Pepsi merchandiser on it's back for 5 hours once.
Just leave it upright for 24 hours and it'll be fine - that Pepsi box is still running cold 4 years later - no problems.

Well gotta love Craig's list. After these notes I told her I'd take it and she writes back, "My husband says he doesn't want to sell it".......geez.

You'll find a better one.
What were you going to pay? I just picked up a similar size for $25, and when I went to pick it up, they threw in 72 cleaned and boxed bottles.

If you do find a freezer and have to lay it down -- stand it upright for a day or so and you will be fine. If you choose to decorate it, PLEASE make sure it runs before you do. Mine was working when I purchased it, but 6 months later when I started my project I did not check it......

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/my-man-cave-adult-beverage-dispenser-282464/

Learn from my mistake!

ButchV12

Back