My set up so far...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Garyr2973

Reaction score
Here is my set up so far. I have all the ball valves and the 1" element lock must are welded to the back of the HLT and BK. Have my birdman false bottom and dip tube in the Mash tun. It's a long slow process but I'm getting there.

image-2527602.jpg

That all looks HORRIBLE, you've done it all wrong! Just send it my way, i'll scrap it for you. :cross:

Jk. Looks like a great start.

Thanks Steber. My wife had the idea of using reclaimed lumber to cover the new pine 2x4s. Of course I didn't have a problem with it but she didn't know that 100 year old beech wood was more expensive than new standard lumber. She was shocked when I told her how much I had to pay. Now I just need to plane it all down and get it on there. My cousin is a welder by trade so I paid very little to have all my fittings welded on. He made that mash paddle out of one of the sanke tubes and a scrap piece of stainless he had laying around. His company usually makes vending trailers and they bend all their own electrical control panels so he's going to get me my 16x16x8 stainless box because I think $95-100 is crazy for an empty box. As I said, it's a slow process but going slow gives you plenty of time to think about things so you don't have to do them again.

The control panel box is coming along. Just got my stainless coil yesterday. I can't wait to brew on this new rig!

image-3242700001.jpg

image-4015846301.jpg

image-3335329536.jpg

image-1451392475.jpg

Back