Yard sale SCORE!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
My son just called me from a yard sale "DAD, HOW MUCH DO YOU PAY FOR CORNEY KEGS" I told him about 40 bucks used and asked him why he wanted to know. " I AM AT A YARD SALE AND THERE ARE 2 KEGS HERE JUST LIKE YOURS FOR SALE" i asked him how much and he said he didn't know and I heard him ask the guy how much they were. I heard the guy tell him he had 2 more in the garage and would take $1.00 a piece for them!!! My son bought all 4 of them and I told him that if the guy had kegs he probably had a tank and regulator also. He asked the guy and he didn't have a regulator but he sold my son a 20 lb tank for $5.00!!!
I havent seen em yet but had him make sure they were ball locks ( for a buck each I didn't care) he said 3 of them had soda syrup in them and were under pressure cause he pulled the relief valve and they released..one had the lid but it wasn't on the keg.

I don't do yard sales cause I already have too much junk. BUT, you just gave me a great idea. I'll just tell my relatives that do go to them to watch for brewing related items for me. Thanks and congrats on a great find.

I just tore these apart and hosed em out and filled em with oxyclean.. I am not so sure a buck each was such a steal lol.. I am not sure I have ever seen anything that gross before.

Oxy will clean em. I just picked my fermentation fridge (19 cu ft) at a garage sale for $45. Had it running all night with no problems. Yay! I can finally lagger.

Nice. Can't complain about that deal, but the CO2 tank will probably need to be inspected if it's been sitting in his garage for years.

Thats awesome. My wife found this yesterday for 5 bucks. Can u say Keggle?

ForumRunner_20120609_190443.jpg

I just tore these apart and hosed em out and filled em with oxyclean.. I am not so sure a buck each was such a steal lol.. I am not sure I have ever seen anything that gross before.

Not sure what scrap price is today on stainless - but I'm pretty sure you're OK at $1 each.

Nice. Can't complain about that deal, but the CO2 tank will probably need to be inspected if it's been sitting in his garage for years.
Yep.. there is no inspection date on it that I can see. I know a place that will do it for 20 bucks.

You aren't gonna believe this.. I stopped by where the yard sale was today ( I knew the guy YEARS ago) and asked if he had by chance found the regulator...he said "NOPE BUT I DID FIND 3 MORE KEGS!" I gave him 5 bucks for all 3 and he was happy as a clam.

I was at a yard sale and they had a 5 gallon glass carboy there. I asked them what they wanted for the carboy and the lady said "whats a carboy" I said "that glass jar" she said "$3" I asked if she would take $1 and she did. I don't secondary that much or make wine but I couldn't pass it up. You never know what you might find.

Back