Carbonating Skeeter Pee

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doesn't the recipe for skeeter pee include some additive that kills yeast? (so that the final product retains some sugar sweetness)

Even if there were no live yeast, and even if the OP pitched some yeast and sugar after killing whatever left over, there's no effective way to control fermentation, short of alcohol tolerance. And that's a pretty hard game to play.

Were I to try, I'd carbonate with straight CO2, then bring as close to freezing as possible to saturate the pee with CO2, and finally bottle. Carefully.

Which is probably a pain in the butt and not worth it.

The other approach might be to allow secondary bottle fermentation for a SHORT period of time, then kill the yeast with heat. But that would also seem to have problems.

Based on that giant ramble, I'd say "No."

I've only made it per instructions; however, I've read that others have back-sweetened with non-fermentables and followed standard conditions to carbonate.

Back