Batches Brew Official Photo Thread!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

batches_brew

Reaction score
Rather than pollute this forum with a hundred threads every time I take a few pictures, I decided I'd consolidate them into one thread and that thread is here.

Thanks for indulging my urge to share.

Tonight, after three long weeks, I finally busted open a 22 of my finest brown ale. This is my first home brew.

2834716751_8c5898e0f4_b.jpg

2775375385_457e46b760_b.jpg

With all the first brew style mistakes, it actually came out quite good. It's a little strong because I accidentally shorted the what should have been a 5 gallon batch by a gallon. I have no idea the ABV but it should be up there.

Cheers to the board for all the help and to show my appreciation I just upgraded my account. Happy drinking. :mug:

Thanks. I appreciate it.

I used Photoshop and Illustrator since I'm a first year graphic design student at S.M.C. I printed it to semigloss photo paper. It's inkjet so I sprayed it with an acrylic coating to stop the smearing and pasted it on with spray mount.

The quake happened a day into fermentation so I gave it the name. The seismic waves are from the actual quake, taken from the USGS website.

That's one of the most professional looking labels I've ever seen.

Very, very well done batches.

Love the creativity of the name as well as the great graphics to go with it. Congrats!

Ditto, thats some tasty looking stuff. Great label. How's she taste?:mug:

It tastes great. :ban:

Real bold and kinda strong, but really good. I gave a 12oz to my friend who is a beer expert at his market and he loved it. He wanted to buy some off me.

So my hefe has been in the bottle for two weeks so I decided to throw one in the fridge to see how green weizen tastes when I noticed a ring around the bottle. Hoping it's bottle krauzen.

2838064575_9194e13e9d.jpg

I got a little worried that I infected it at bottling time. I opened it and it smelled fine. I poured it in a glass and oh my.

2838075785_649f481bd0.jpg

I did notice a film floating in the bottle but I poured it and it was fine.
I am ecstatic. It tastes amazing. Maybe so slightly sour, maybe green taste, but real smooth.

Carbonation is nice, too. Bubles were coming out of suspension the whole time.

I'm submitting this to a Homebrew contest this month, what the hell?

Labels are done and will be posted when I get around to printing them.

Thanks for all the positive feedback. It means a lot.

Your beer looks great and the label is terrific.

Those look like LPs in the background. Nice collection if so. Are they?

Thanks billtzk.
Yeah, I have a couple thousand. It's never enough, though. ;) Been collecting my whole life and even have my original Sesame Street records. Child of the seventies.

Thanks billtzk.
Yeah, I have a couple thousand. It's never enough, though. ;) Been collecting my whole life and even have my original Sesame Street records. Child of the seventies.

I grew up collecting as well. Between my brother and I, I think we have 6k plus and counting. Too bad I don't have the room for even a small fraction of what I'd like to keep around.

i have to say your labels are amazing and the beer looks good too! good luck in the competition

Thanks. I really appreciate it. I was a little worried going into graphic design since the market is saturated, but it seems promising with all the positive feedback I've been getting.

Besides, I may not have started brewing if it wasn't for my urge to create the beer I was making labels for. hehehe

I'm not getting my hopes up for the comp, but it seems like a good idea to get out there and participate in the brewing community.

What type of paper are you using for your labels?

I'm guessing its laser not ink jet printer

Laser from FedEx Kinkos.

I'm behind. My IPA is ready on Thursday but I haven't designed the label yet. Gotta get crackin'.

Thanks all. I haven't been around for a minute. Here's a pic of my now long gone Bloody Knucks Pale ale.

animatedpour.gif

It was amazing and real hoppy. My next APA will be ready to open in a week and I hope it's even better. Did partial mash w/ more grain opposed to the extract and steeping grains like last time.

Good work!

I was thinking about using spray mount for my labels, but
I wasn't sure. Spray mount doesn't like moisture.

Did you spray the paper and mount directly to the dry bottle?

Spray mount, foam core... shudder (recent design grad)

Did you spray the paper and mount directly to the dry bottle?

Yeah. I noticed they wrinkled a little after a month of refrigeration. They stayed on and still looked good.

Here are a few new pics I took tonight.

3132895100_74d83ccb8d.jpg

Porter

3132038417_5bf7a5bd47.jpg

Pale Ale

3132777308_7379632707.jpg

Hefeweizen

Beer Page

after taking these pics I drank each one of them. Loving life right now. Happy holidays.

Latest posts

Back