• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Prickly Pear Fruit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GTG

Farm Out!
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Peoria, AZ - Originally from Rocket City USA
I've been getting some really nice prickly pears lately and have worked out trades with a few members of the board. https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f30/fruit-trade-181550/index2.html
I'm looking to trade with anyone for some honey or some other type of fruit I don't already have. If you want some, send me a PM and we can work out a trade. If you can't trade, I'm thinking $25.00 for 10 lbs shipped anywhere in the continental USA.

Thanks, GTG

I don't know much about prickly pear fruit, but I've been intrigued by Charlie's prickly pear mead (and who wouldn't be...?). Will they hold up well in the mail? how do they need to be stored?

I don't know much about prickly pear fruit, but I've been intrigued by Charlie's prickly pear mead (and who wouldn't be...?). Will they hold up well in the mail? how do they need to be stored?

I'm bagging them in gallon Ziploc bags and shipping them in a flat rate priority mail box. I have done a few tests and they don't seem to go bad in under a week. The priority box is supposed to arrive in 2 -3 business days so they should arrive fine. From what I've read, the preferred method of storage is to freeze them for a while until you're ready to boil them down for your must. The flat rate boxes I have hold just over 9 lbs of fruit and cost me $10.20 to ship.

GTG

Latest posts

Back