12 gallon stainless conical $897.00

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ranger9913

Reaction score
Conical

Is it just me or are a lot of people entering into this pro-level homebrew conical manufacturing with ridiculous price tags?

I mean it doesn't even have tri-clamps and you want $900 for 12 gallons capacity. All this stuff comes from China so how do you justify the price tag?

It's worth whatever price the market will bear.
Have you seen the prices on Monster Cables?
There's no reason to pay $1000 / foot for speaker wire, but if some idiot is willing to shell out boocoo bucks, then it would be foolish not to sell it at that price.

apropos:
"a sucker is born every minute"

This is posted in the wrong section. This is supposed to be for items that you are selling or want to buy.

I looked into buying a few of those conicals direct from China. The ones that I was looking at also had triclamp fittings. They are about $300 FOB in china if you buy 10 or more. If you are willing to wait a month or so for them to show up with shipping a nice conical can be had for about $400

crazyirishman34 said:
I looked into buying a few of those conicals direct from China. The ones that I was looking at also had triclamp fittings. They are about $300 FOB in china if you buy 10 or more. If you are willing to wait a month or so for them to show up with shipping a nice conical can be had for about $400

can you share where you were getting prices from via private message? Thank you.

crazyirishman34 said:

I would be interest also

crazyirishman34 said:

Interested as well please message! Thanks

I will have to look it up again but if people are interested I can set up a group buy. Would be nice to step up to a conical. But I dont need 10 of them

crazyirishman34 said:
I will have to look it up again but if people are interested I can set up a group buy. Would be nice to step up to a conical. But I dont need 10 of them

I was going to propose a group buy for the brewing club I belong to. PM if you find the source. Thank you.

Ok seams like people are interested in these. I am working on getting current pricing on these right now. It was a couple years ago that I talked to them so I am sure that the prices have gone up. When I have the info I will PM everyone that expressed interest here and also post a group buy. I live in the Boston Ma area so you would either need to pick it up here or i could ship out to you. I have a pal in the Portland Or area so maybe we can set up a shipment to the west coast also.

I am interested as well. Let us know when you have more info

You can look at them HERE

I have a good friend who just moved to Shanghia, China which is about 2hrs from where these are produced. He works for CAT so we could probably get a deal on shipping.

What capacity are you thinking about ordering? I am looking for a 13gal, or there abouts

I am interested if there is a group buy. Please let me know if this goes down. I am located in the bay area of CA.

Ok I got the new info from the people in China. The pricing has going up a good bit from when I looked into it last. The pricing for 10 is $470 fob ordering 20 would bring it down to $455 and 30 would bring it to $450. From talking to them seams like the cost of Stainless has caused this rise in price over the last 2 years. So if people are still interested I can set up a group buy

Ok I got the new info from the people in China. The pricing has going up a good bit from when I looked into it last. The pricing for 10 is $470 fob ordering 20 would bring it down to $455 and 30 would bring it to $450. From talking to them seams like the cost of Stainless has caused this rise in price over the last 2 years. So if people are still interested I can set up a group buy

I'm interested and I'm not too far from you. I'm in Southern Maine so I could pick up.

Also, what are the specifics? You said tri-clamp right? Are the valves included?

for the west coast, sf bay area people i'm contacting this company to see what could get theses conicals for shipped to the port of oakland.

I specified tri-clamp yes the valves will be included. I would not mind shipping them for actual cost. I will ask about shipping some to the west coast and some to the east coast if someone is willing to deal with them on the west coast.

Why not just spend an extra few buck and buy a Stout Tank conical? At $540, even if it is Chinese steel, at least you are supporting a good US based company. If they were $300, or even $400 to my door, it would be a different story. Sorry, just my $.02.

Why not just spend an extra few buck and buy a Stout Tank conical? At $540, even if it is Chinese steel, at least you are supporting a good US based company. If they were $300, or even $400 to my door, it would be a different story. Sorry, just my $.02.

Exactly why I would like to see some specifics. crazyirishman34, do you have any pics? How do these compare to the Stout conicals?

So 14.5 gallon, tri-clamp fittings, 2 ball valves and thermowell with thermometer? Is that accurate?

stout sells a few sizes of conical with or without wheels, thermowells short, tall. they get them from china and it must be a slow process getting them over here because they have very long wait times; order now for delivery in april and beyond.

No it takes 30 days on average. They just build up their orders so they can buy in larger quantities and lower prices.

No it takes 30 days on average. They just build up their orders so they can buy in larger quantities and lower prices.

could be, but from their website: Special and custom orders placed now will be ready to ship from Portland in approximately April. See our list of in-stock and coming soon special order items.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back