Dragons milk?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
I am still working my way slowly through the 85 beer challenge at a local sports bar. The last episode was a beer called DRAGONS MILK...It is a 24 oz (I think) I had to chase this stuff with a glass of water to choke it down. I have never tasted beer this awful. One made my face numb and I was drunk enough there is NO WAY I coulda passed a breathalyzer.

The waitress told me I could pour it from the ceiling and no way would I get any kind of head on it. I poured it a little hard and it ran over. The taste was astringent,like it was infected or something.

Really? I had Dragon's Milk for the first time at a beer festival a few years ago and thought it was EXCELLENT.

It is a big beer for sure, but I thought it was damn tasty. I only drank a few oz of it, so I can't comment on the punch that 24oz would pack.

Really? I had Dragon's Milk for the first time at a beer festival a few years ago and thought it was EXCELLENT.

It is a big beer for sure, but I thought it was damn tasty. I only drank a few oz of it, so I can't comment on the punch that 24oz would pack.

Like I said it was totally different than described I am serious that I think it may have been infected or something.....cost me $14.50 also!!!

You are talking about the New Holland one, right? I live right down the road from the brewpub and I found it to be a little sweet the one time I tried it, but I'd like to try it again sometime because if it had been a bit drier I think I would have REALLY liked it.

I forgot to mention earlier too that mine had a decent head with good retention when I got it at the brewery.

Definitely sounds like a bum bottle. The few I've had were excellent albeit a little sweet.

Maybe email the brewery and see if the bar just had a bad batch? It may prompt them to check with their distributors.

The Broadstreet Grill in Sidney. Drink all 85 and get a t-shirt:drunk:

At a local bar here we have called 99 bottles, you get a card and they punch it for every one of their 99 beers...or something along those lines. 1 or 2 cards gets you a plaque, 5 cards filled gets your name in a brick on their wall. Something like 45 cards gets your characature(spelling?) on the wall. There's another one I can't remember...but there are some people that have been drinking there since god knows when and have over 60 cards :cross:

Back