New zeland hop IPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've made a Pale Ale with Motueka and Nelson Sauvaign. Nice combo

Made a Pale Ale with Rakau, Pacific Jade, and Galaxy. Turned out really nice. Little bit of tropical fruit thing going on with it.

I just took my first sips of a double IPA I made with a mix of cascade, citra, pacific jade, and galaxy. The hops blended very well together for a big citrusy flavor and aroma. I will definitely use pacific jade and galaxy again.

benzy4010 said:
Y'all stil have the recipes you used?

Double IPA
OG 1.081
FG 1.012
Abv 9%
IBU 79
Eff 78%
Boil size 7.5 gal
Batch size 5.76 gal
90 min boil

8# pale 2 row
6# 2 row Pilsen malt
1# 6 row carapils
1.25# crystal 30L
1# dextrose

Hops- all pellets
.5 Citra 60
.5 Cascade 60
.5 Citra 20
.5 cascade 20
.5 galaxy 10
.5 pacific jade 10
.5 galaxy 5
.5 pacific jade 5
.5 galaxy 0
7 day dry hop .5 galaxy, 1 oz cascade, 1 oz pacific jade

Safale 05

My beer drinking friends and I love citrusy hop flavors in our IPA and this is a citrus bomb. It's been my most highly complimented recipe yet. If you use it, I hope you enjoy.

Made an IPA entirely with NZ hops. Bittered with pacific gem and then the rest of my additions were a combo of motueka, pacific gem and pacifica

I made this IPA a few weeks ago and it is in secondary. Going to dry hop today (March 16 2013) with Pacifica and see how it goes. So far the beer is great.

7lbs German Pils mashed 2 super alpha 60/30
7lbs Maris Otter mashed 2 motueka 5/0
1lbs Honey Malt mashed 2 pacific jade 5/0
1 lbs Carapils mashed .5 cascade hop back
1 lbs Carahell (8-11)mashed .5 Pacifica dry hop (may double)
1 lbs light wheat mashed
rice hulls

Just wanted to say that the recipe I posted above turned out brilliant and the beer is currently delicious with a nice head and excellent flavor and aroma

.5 oz pacifica dry hop to be clear

Brig fr New Zealand myself these hops are great a lot of very unique flavours. In a good way of course.
Nelson offers a great white wine/grape flavour. Goes well in a saison :)
Just finishing up a nz cascade and Motueka IPA bothered with pacific gem

Making a single hop pale wit Pacifica soon too.

So I want to brew this but I don't know where to get the hops and all the ingredients. I've asked brewmasters and Austin home brew both don't carry the hops and are both short on the ingredients.

http://hopville.com/recipe/1662484

I really wanna make this bad any ideas ?

Back