My coming home

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeFlynn74

Reaction score
soo... Since I was in WW2.5 for little over 4 months I found myself on the way home. On the plane from Germany one of the guys I worked with had some cash so he bought us some drinks. Perfect for a 8hr plane ride. Except they showed the bucket list.
I ****ing cried- God I felt like such a pansey. Drinks, food and on my way home a movie made me freaking lose it. Mind you not like balling but I was doin gmy damndes not to let anyone see tears.
Baltimore- Dont remember much after we got to the hotel and deloused. Hit the hotel bar, went to planet Hollywood which sucked and went back. 3 hrs go by and I am back on a ride to the AP.
hr before takeoff- 2 great white russians. Get on the plane, pass out. Get off the plane in Denver. Hit the bar and have 1 white R and 2 Fat tire somethings. Eat and go. Seattel 2 hr layover. Im actually getting nervous. So I stop at the Alaska bar, Have 4 big Alaskan Beers. Feeling well more than intoxicated I go to the plane. Im just freaking stoked.
I get off the plane and See the wife and kids. I hug like they might leave me. I cant believe I am home. We walk to the baggage claim passing by 2 generals there to meet us. They miss me! Great! Baggage claim, I get my bags immediately but no weapon... Wait for 30 more minuets. Then discover there is a special pickup for them. Damnit! Oh well Got everything and going home!!!
Once home I say hi to the doggies. Our puppy Diesel is now 70lbs of energy and very very strong! But still my baby Jaydon is so happy to see me. Wife say its the first time her tail has wagged since I have been gone.
So I hang with the kids. Little one ask me 47,000 questions. % days later hes backed off to 22,000. Our older 11 yrld is happy and is very relieved he is not the man of the house.
Finally midnightish we get the kids to sleep. I tried to have another beer but was a little too beered up at that point. I only take a sip and pour it out. Hey I am allowed one beer related desecration.
The kids are out, now me and the wife get some alone time. Its great the first 2 min.... But then we watch some tv...... It got better from that point on! lol
Ive been away from my wife for 1.5 yrs total and weve been together 4 married 3. Each time we get closer- Which is great. Apparently I told her I want 5 more babies. That was obviously the alcohol! lol

I had a really nice hangover the next day. But didnt have **** to do and was in my own bed for the first time in months......

Anyways Id totaly post pics of the hot new slim wife but thats a total lie!

Not that im trolling thank you! Im just super happy to be here!!?!

Drank
Midnight Suns Sockeye Red IPA, Summer Meltdown IPA
Hennepin Saison
Deshutes Cider Cone red
Widmere Crimson Wheat...

Mike, that's a very moving homecoming story. I'm glad you're back home, and I hope you get to stay there this time. Your family must be so thrilled.

Its amazing what you miss-

For me-
Wife/Kids/Doggies
Fresh Milk
Good food and a bathroom I didnt have to walk 100yards to

I gotta say- I didnt want to come home smellin gof Alcohol....... But I was fing nervous and ready. Wife says its really scary because she can never tell if I am drunk. Which is good cause I never want to be an ass. At least more than I am already

Back