weak carbonaiton

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lostnfoam

Reaction score
i opened my first bottle the other day. i get a good pop when i take off the cap some bubbles and i get a ok head for a couple of second then it goes away. the beer taste a bit flat, but when i pour it out i can see bubbles. the batch was an oktoberfest lager. im not to sure if it hasn't carbonated enough or i made an error some place. on the plus side it's stronger then i thought it would be:tank:

can anyone tell me what i did so i dont do it again. i have a cherry stout im going to be bottleing in a few days.

well sorry im new to this. well the directinos told to keep in temp of 35 45. so i had it in a mini frid for about 8 week then i bottled the only fool thing i did was put all the bottles back in the fridge. i was wondering why there was carbonation. i call the company and then told me to take them out of fridge and they would carbonate. they did and so far i still have them out of the fridge. there in my office and the temp is 65 to 70. im not in there to often so i can lower it even more. i hope this hepls you.:confused:

How long since you took them out of the fridge? Three weeks or so after that date, you should be good to go. 65-70 will be fine for carbing.

thanks, so i have about two more weeks to go then. man im learning a whole lot from this site.

Latest posts

Back