1 BBl (31 gal) conical fermenters

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hay guys I havent posted in quite some time I have been working on my buisness and in the process I have decited to put together some conicals from toledo metal spinning the hoppers are $308 unless I buy 5 or more then they would be $267 + tax and shipping I have the means in to get them put together as completed units with lids and ball valves and legs everything total I am figuring on with shipping would be about $700. I am not trying to make a cent on them just lowering my cost I am going to build 2 and am looking fo 3 others to go in with me and lower our costs as well. let me know if anyone is interested I am going to make my order on monday the 18th. Even if you just want the hopper and lid without me having them put together thats cool too.
Cheers:mug:
JJ

I just bought a Blichmann 27 gallon fermentor. Is yours going to be pressureizable? The blichmann is pressureizable because the lid attaches with a band like a pool filter lid has. The 27 gallon will ferment 21 gallons with good headspace. What is the 31 gallon ferment volume?

WBC said:
I just bought a Blichmann 27 gallon fermentor. Is yours going to be pressureizable? The blichmann is pressureizable because the lid attaches with a band like a pool filter lid has. The 27 gallon will ferment 21 gallons with good headspace. What is the 31 gallon ferment volume?
I am just guessing the 31 will ferment 24 gallons. I am not sure if I am going to be able to put much pressure to it but probably some. Hay what did yours cost total with tax and shipping???
JJ

well I found out how to do all weldless on these for probably around 500 ea and the order is going in tomorrow for 2 unless someone wants a few dropshiped to there house. its giong to be a piece of cake to get them put together with all hardware store parts (except maybe the 24" gasket that will have to come from Mc Master Carr for 14.00 ) looks like all I need is 2 more takers and they will be even less $$$$$
Cheers
JJ

jvandenbrink said:
jaybird -
i just found this post. i know it is a month later, but are you still up for building these?
if so, i would be interested in possibly 4 of them.

joel
www.twobeersbrewery.com
I really liked your site!! ya the mail has been sent. I have held off for a bit But if you want to get it going lets do it.
JJ

Did you ever build these? I am wondering how the lid worked out? Here is what Yuri did on another thread https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/diy-conical-fermenter-14855/

Ya know I never made one of these. I wanted to get a few brewers to go in and share the cost. Or at the very least keep all costs down. I am looking into the 14.5 gallon ones from the same place. Cost is just a bit cheaper and the build would be the same. I have a very detailed design and the time and will to do them. I just don’t want to do 1 or 2. If I am going to do them. I want to make several and get a few brewers here a GREAT deal on a conical. I mean there not going to be CHEEP but they would be a lot cheaper than anything you can buy out there of the same size.
JJ

Back