Dry hopping ans cold crashing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hoppheadIPA

Reaction score
I want to dry hop my pale ale for a week but I also want to cold crash. How should I go about this? Dry hop for 4 days, leave in hops, then cold crash for 3? Dry hop for 7 days, remove hops, then cold crash? Cold crash, then dry hop? I'm confused, someone help me out.

I would just toss the hop pellets in. And then when it gets to the taste you want, or after about 7-10 days, cold crash it.

There will be a lot of floaties from the hops in your beer and crashing after the fact will help get those out

I use pellets and just toss them in the carboy. I wait 10 - 11 days, by which time they start to settle, then cold crash for 3 - 4 days (during which time they settle some more), and then keg/bottle. Next time, I may try adding the hops first and then racking on top of them. Seems like a good idea, and Yooper recommended it so it must be good. I was just too stupid to think of it.

-a.

"There are only 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary, and those that don't. "

Love this signature.

Back