A new danger with brewing...for me

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nightshade

Reaction score
Brewing a batch of Porter today and was hungry so I cracked into some bagels I have here at work just in case.

Then I got the bright idea to divert a little wort during transfer and maybe dip my bagel in it.

It is dangerously good:ban:

Sounds like me with the Cooper's English bitter I made into a mop sauce. Dip my bbq in it. Good with the corn bread served on the side too.

Ooohhh never thought about using straight wort as a mop....off to go break out the smoker

Ooohhh never thought about using straight wort as a mop....off to go break out the smoker

Straight wort is sweeter for making a mop sauce. But I prefer to use the finished product with worchestershire sauce,onion & garlic powder,red & black pepper mixed up the day before & allowed to mingle in the fridge till the next day. Gunna have to brew another batch for this purpose soon. Enjoy.

Straight wort is sweeter for making a mop sauce. But I prefer to use the finished product with worchestershire sauce,onion & garlic powder,red & black pepper mixed up the day before & allowed to mingle in the fridge till the next day. Gunna have to brew another batch for this purpose soon. Enjoy.

I was thinking something similiar then soaking the meat in it as a brine for 24-48hrs then apply a rub for another 24hrs and use the remains of the brine as a mop.

Glad I am about to start my transfer because I am suddenly hungry.

Good plan. Make a savory rub out of a little salt,& the other dry ingredients of the mop sauce. Just add a lil demerara sugar to the rub. I like it's light brown sugar laced with honey flavor.

Latest posts

Back