SWMBO definately runs this brewhouse!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coppinburgh

Reaction score
So I'm getting ready to brew my fourth batch and was super excited about having an Irish red ready for St. paddy's day. My mistake was picking up a 6 pack of Harpoon's Celtic Red the day before we hit the LHBS to pickup ingredients. SWMBO doesn't care for the heavy malt flavor and rich mouth feel of a true Irish red! Needless to say.... I'm now brewing a Killians (Red Coors light) clone for our St. paddy's beer! Ugh

explain to your lady how much you love and respect her, but if you don't get to brew what you want that you just might snap. or get the lady her own starter kit so she can brew what she likes.

It's all good I guess. Oddly enough I like that she's pretty involved in the brewing process. I could have it far worse! I did get the thumbs up on a Belgian triple(final absolution clone) and she won't touch that!

I typically do two batches at a time. One is my choice, the other her choice. I like pale ales, IPA's, browns, stouts. She likes blondes, Kolsch, Blue Moon, steam beers. This works out well as when we have company they don't always like malty, hoppy beer so I always have a good option. Everyone is happy.

Oh, I like that plan of attack! The bonus is you get to brew more. I've become an addict in a very short period of time!

Make the more authentic red, but pour her a Red and Coors as if it were a black and tan. Should equal out to the sameish thing, and it will stretch out how long your red lasts.

Happy to report our "not so Irish red" as we call it came out great! Bottled today and pre-carb it still wound up having some nice maltiness to it! I'm very happy with it :)

Or brew the real Red, then bottle half the batch (bulk priming for half volume) and dilute the other half to a more drinkable level for SWMBO.

Back