Kegerator hose clamps.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hukdizzle

Reaction score
I'm about to build up a keezer on a 15cu/ft chest with a collar and previously with kegging I have used small stainless worm gear clamps which were easy to source/install but really I want something with a much cleaner look that provides equal pressure at all points.

I am thinking about going with oetiker clamps on this keezer build but before I drop the 20$ on a tool to install/remove them is there a better alternative out there that you guys have found?

Thanks,

-huK

I'm about to build up a keezer on a 15cu/ft chest with a collar and previously with kegging I have used small stainless worm gear clamps which were easy to source/install but really I want something with a much cleaner look that provides equal pressure at all points.

I am thinking about going with oetiker clamps on this keezer build but before I drop the 20$ on a tool to install/remove them is there a better alternative out there that you guys have found?

Thanks,

-huK

I just started using oetiker clamps. So far I like them very much. I got the ones I have from Fastenal.

I have not used them on gas or beverage lines... used them on silicon and thermoplastic. They grip really nicely without damaging the hose.

Downsides that I see are that they are one time use only; and the size range for individual clamps is fairly narrow.

I bought the "pincher" tool, but you might be able to get away with a ceramic tile nipper if you have one. However, the pincher tool has longer handles and will give you more leverage.

I like the oetiker clamps. I tend to build lines to use for as long as the line looks good and cleans to my satisfaction. So, for the one time use, no big deal. I got the nipper tool online when I ordered the clams. Works good and stays in the brew box rather than the tool box to keep it clean.

Thanks,

-huK

No need to buy a fancy tool. Just use an end nipper or side cutter from a dollar store. It will work fine.

Back