Deals at Joe's

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChshreCat

Reaction score
In case you didn't know, Joe's (formerly GI Joe's) is going out of business and all their stock is being liquidated. I stopped in the local store here and they had tons of coolers, burners and other stuff being sold off. Might be worth checking out if you have one in your area. I went looking for a beverage cooler to use as a tabletop MLT, but they didn't have anymore. Lots of big coolers though for the AG folks.

Most of the time a liquidation sale isn't much of a sale. Liquidators maximize their profits by getting people in the door thinking they'll get deals. There's been a lot of rants on CL about Joe's and how high the 'sale' prices are.

I might have to go back in and check... but last time I was in - store was packed with dip... poops... lining up for the opportunity to pay 30% off of MSRP on stuff that's 40% off MSRP most times....

Looked at what was there - didn't buy a thing. Went to Bi-mart and paid 20% less for the same stuff... on a pretty run of the mill sale...

I was at Joe's the other day and didn't see a thing that was worth it. I took a good look at the burners and they have little wire legs. The first boil kettle with a little rotation to it would fold those legs in half.

It should be well known liquidation sales are for suckers. Every once in a while you might find a decent deal that competes with prices on the internet. But really was it worth the time/fuel to get there to sift thru the over priced crap and stupid people to find the treasure? I'd rather find the deal on the internet and have it shipped to my door for less.

Latest posts

Back