No Blowoff Tube

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Somerville

Reaction score
I just made my first big beer, 1.60 OG, and forgot to buy a blowoff tube. I came down this morning and a nice sticky foamy substance was bubbling from the top of the airlock. I had not choice but to clean it off and then pour some of the beer out of carboy to make space. Now I'm wondering, do I need a blowoff tube? Perhaps the new space I made will be enough to last the first furious fermentation days...

Newbie question here... Wouldn't you only need a blow-off tube if you were making a 5-gallon batch, in a 5 gallon carboy? Would the Blow-off tube be necessary in a 6.5 gallon carboy?

you tell me!! HAHAH

IMG_2861s.JPG

IMG_2860s.JPG

budbo said:
Sloop do you actually wear those shirts?

lol.. not in a long time. Luckily I was in dire need to do laundry and only shirts I never wear were on that side of the closet ;)

I'm still not believing you. You came home and caught your wife in bed with a midget, he thought he'd be clever and hide his ass in the closet. Looks to me from the splatter pattern that you were down on the floor yourself when you shot him (looking under the bed, perhaps?).

Back