Cider Festival in Pittsburgh!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Affogato Cafe'

Reaction score
I own a coffeebar in the Pittsburgh area and I am looking to host a Cider Festival in the middle of November. Unlike most coffeeshops I have been to, we have a large backyard area that could comfortably hold 10-15 vendors (perhaps more).
The season is changing and don't want it to be wasted space, so I felt that a wonderful solution to just locking the back door is to host events that would welcome the colder weather, rather than regret it.

Ideally, the award for the best ciders would not only be a cash prize, but if it were feasible I would like to offer a very unique prize that involves serving the winning cider in the cafe for the remainder of November and December. ( You would obviously get a percentage of the sales of your own drink.)

The event will be on the local news and definitely be the talk of the town. Selling the cider at the cafe would be a lasting effect of your craftsmanship, a bit more than a handshake, a round of applause and some cash in hand. Here you get to share it with many more...

Personally, I love cider. I grew up in a small farming town in Central Pennsylvania, where many families shared their craft with their neighbors. I want to bring this to the city of Pittsburgh and make this event as wonderful as I can. I am looking for at least 8-10 participants. I am also looking for people that have homemade crafts, delectable snacks (roasted almonds, kettle corn, etc) to complement the event- but without the cider, it is hardly a cider festival. :)

If yourself or anyone you know is interested in joining, then email me any information on your specific setup needs, as in the amount of outlets you may need, the amount of space you'll need, etc. It would only be $15 dollars for a space to cover expenses and basic supplies for your booth.

The disclaimer to the deal is that I cannot have alcoholic varieties for sale. For one, I do not have a liquor license and furthermore, the cafe is located in a dry county of Pittsburgh. If you have any intention of bringing alcoholic cider, then plan on giving it away for free and only to those of drinking age... and please let me know ahead of time. I'm not against drinking, just the fines that come from doing it unwisely.

Barry Stephens
[email protected]

Call me daft, but, what's the difference between non-alcoholic cider and apple juice?
I don't understand how you make cider without getting alcohol in it ..!?

Back