mmm mmmmmm

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Irish1225

Reaction score
just tasted my first non-mr. beer brew that's been bottled for 4 weeks now, and mmm mmmmm. irish stout with a nice beige head, dark red body, nice bitterness, lingering chocolate. HUGE improvement from my mr. beers which were light and watery.

i can't believe how much more someone can appreciate beer after brewing it for themselves. i now understand the need to keep a constant flow of beer going. can't wait to get an american nut brown going this weekend and bottling a chocolate stout next week.

hooray beer!

first brew that's not a mr. beer lol

i can't even bring myself to finish the mr. beers. tasted another one last night (in bottles for probably 5 weeks - have to check my notebook) and it just isn't getting better...

i'm not very worried about letting it age - i only have about 1 gallon of it left - and might consider tossing it to get more empty bottles.

now before anyone posts a link to the patience topic, i understand it all and letting beer sit longer to mature. i'm simply looking forward to putting more of my hands-on batches in those bottles.

I just finished a mr. beer batch. I think it was west coast pale ale.. Just over a month since been bottled and I thought it was pretty good.. better then just after carbed atleast.

Didn't know what Mr. Beer was and I just did a search. Sounds like you've made a good choice. Did you know that every one of their kits has an ABV of 3.7%? That's a good enough reason right there.:)

thought about it more today, and figured i read to far into the mr. beer directions. i added brown sugar by the booklets suggestion, didn't measure, and i think that might have something to do with the taste. i can't really describe it...but oh well

at least now i've read plenty of literature, talked with brewers at my LHBS, and found this excellent forum filled with beer nuts.

Good for you on getting off Mr, Beer!! Now you'll have a natural urge to upgrade. then upgrade. And upgrade. Hope you got some loot tucked away. At this point it's the most wonderful of obsessions!!!! CHEEERS!!!!:mug:

Congradulations on your first non-MrBeer brew. Now the madness begins lol. Good choice on the Irish stout!

Congratulations! I'm in the Noobie zone too so I know how you feel. Cracking that first home brewed beer that tastes really good is a spiritual experience.:ban:

Back