HBT Holiday meet up in Cleveland

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CBBaron

Reaction score
Discussions in a thread about Great Lakes brewery lead to several local HBT members and Yooperbrew, who is visiting the area to decide to try to meet up during the holidays.

The plan is to meet at 7PM Sunday the 28th of December at La Cave du Vin in Cleveland Heights.

I just wanted to put this out there incase any other locals want to join us.

The address for anyone not familiar with the area:
La Cave du Vin
2785 Euclid Heights Blvd.
Cleveland Heights, OH, 44106

It is in the basement of the building.

Craig

Hmmmm- I guess we don't have a ton of interest on this!

I'm looking forward to it, that's for sure! Hopefully the weather will cooperate for me- it looks like about a 1.5 hour drive each way for me from my dad's house.

I'm pretty sure that atleast 3 of us locals will be there, I was hoping a few more might be interested.

Still I'm looking forward to meeting a few HBTers.

Craig

Do you know if they allow under-21s in? My daughter (almost 19) said she'd be my DD if they allow underaged non-drinkers inside.

I sent an email to La Cave. They say they are strictly 21 and over admittance.

If you prefer to bring your daughter we can go next door to the Winking Lizard. Its a sports bar/restaurant with 100 beers available, so still a pretty good selection.

Craig

I hate to ask you guys to do that. I know that the first choice was really what you wanted. If it's ok with you guys, though, I might have to do that. I think it's just too far for me to come without a DD and/or someone with me.

I'll give you a call tomorrow, to make sure everything is still "on". My brother is planning a big family dinner that I might not be able to sneak out of.

theguitargod is telling me it won't be a problem for your daughter to come. Apparently he knows the place pretty well. If there is any problem we can always move next door.

So bring your DD and meet us at La Cave. Hope you can make it.

Craig

ok- we're definitely in! See you guys tonight around 7 PM! I'll have my cellphone with me, and Baron's # in case we get lost!

Can't wait to meet you guys!

Had a great time last evening and I'm really glad I got a chance to meet a few fellow HBTers.
Fellow brewers really are a great bunch and very interesting.

IMGP2878.JPG

From left to right:
imaguitargod, CBBaron, JayC, and YooperBrew

We met up at La Cave du Vin in Cleveland Heights and had a couple beers from the great selection in their beer cooler. I think we spent half an hour browsing through the impressive collection.
Eventually we decided to move next door and check out the Winking Lizard before wrapping the evening up.

I want to thank everyone for coming out and meeting up. YooperBrew had to drive an hour and a half from where she was staying to meet us. And I especially want to thank Yoopers daughter for driving her mom that far and putting up with us.

Next time your in town Yooper we will go to Great Lakes and the Bier Markt.

Craig

It was great meeting you folks!!!! And it's true! Yooper is a girl! (hehehe).

Man, by the end of the night I was sooooo full that I didn't get to finish my last beer which is a shame :( . That's what I get for eating a whole pizza before I went out.

Back