I'm looking for supplies...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaliBuddha

Reaction score
I live in Chattanooga, TN and was looking for some place to buy some supplies. Does anyone know of any? I was in Nashville earlier today and saw there was one on Google but when I got there they had closed down... Sad

Using BYOs locator I was only able to find 3--all 80+ miles from you.Here's the link.
Brew Your Own: The How-To Homebrew Beer Magazine - Supplier Directory

dunno how close this is to you but this is a really good one.

Rebel Brewer
105 Space Park North
Goodlettsville, TN 37072

Contact Us

There's a big liquor store around here that stocks some homebrewing supplies, but their prices aren't that great. I only use them in emergencies (I forget something). I find the Internet to be outstanding for getting anything I need. I've ordered with great satisfaction from Midwest and Austin. From other comments on the forums, I'm sure there are other good suppliers, too. A good LHBS is sure nice, but there are those of us who have to find our brewing needs elsewhere.

If I ordered the Gold Kit from Brewmasters Warehouse would it have everything I need besides the ingredients?

"Includes True Brew Handbook, 7.8 gallon Fermenting Bucket, w/ D&G lid & bottling, spigot, True Brew Rack & Fill kit with Fermtech springless, filler, 6 gallon Better Bottle, Fermometer adhesive fermentation thermometer, Small Buon Vino Drilled Stopper, Hydrometer, Bottling Spigot, Emily Double Lever Capper, 3 Piece Airlock Bottle Brush, C-Brite Sanitizer 8-pack"

I was lookin at their kits. Would I need anything other than this, besides ingredients?

"Includes True Brew Handbook, 7.8 gallon Fermenting Bucket, w/ D&G lid & bottling, spigot, True Brew Rack & Fill kit with Fermtech springless, filler, 6 gallon Better Bottle, Fermometer adhesive fermentation thermometer, Small Buon Vino Drilled Stopper, Hydrometer, Bottling Spigot, Emily Double Lever Capper, 3 Piece Airlock Bottle Brush, C-Brite Sanitizer 8-pack"

I think All Seasons in Nashville is there -- their website is going: "All Seasons Gardening and Brewing Supply Co. hydroponic supplies, homebrewing supplies, growlights, digital ballasts, hydroponic supply, organic gardening, wine making, and gifts in nashville tennessee."

The people there are super nice and cool. I used to live in Nashville, and I cut my teeth on homebrewing at that store, and they were very helpful and knowledgeable. They have a very good selection of ingredients and supplies. Maybe you'd like to check them out sometime.

I'm afraid that there is no LHBS in town. I order most of my stuff from Brewmasters Warehouse. Great customer service and you'll have you stuff in two days. What part of Chattanooga are you in?

If I ordered the Gold Kit from Brewmasters Warehouse would it have everything I need besides the ingredients?

That's pretty much everything that you'll need, but I'm not a fan of the springless bottle fillers. Everyone I know that's used on hates it.

I think All Seasons in Nashville is there -- their website is going: "All Seasons Gardening and Brewing Supply Co. hydroponic supplies, homebrewing supplies, growlights, digital ballasts, hydroponic supply, organic gardening, wine making, and gifts in nashville tennessee."

The people there are super nice and cool. I used to live in Nashville, and I cut my teeth on homebrewing at that store, and they were very helpful and knowledgeable. They have a very good selection of ingredients and supplies. Maybe you'd like to check them out sometime.

Thats where I went a couple days ago and they were closed down

Do many of you buy your supplies online at all? can you recommend any good online stores?

There's a good one in CA called Morebeer.Midwest Supplies is another good one.Where you at in CA?
http://***********/resources/suppliers/locate/12-supplier-directory -Punch your zip code in here and see if you have a local store.

I guess the closest place to me is the Homebrewers in Marietta, GA. About 80 miles away... I am having my wife get me some supplies for our 1 year anniversary (Sept. 27) and I just wanted to talk to someone face to face but if the kit has everything I need then I think I will be alright.

Is there anything at all that I might need/ want after getting that Gold kit? Little things that are more convenient/ better?

Closest place I know of? Beverage World. Ft Oglethorpe Ga, on Hwy 27, in the market center across from the end of Cloud Springs RD (for your GPS) You can be there from Chattanooga in less than 20 minutes. (Rossville Blvd turns into 27 south as you exit Rossville Ga, it turns into Ft Oglethorpe) Or take the Cloud springs Rd Exit and go West, it'll T-bone into 27 across from the shopping center.
http://www.ourbeers.com/welcome-beverage-world

Beverage World, was up there today (Sunday) Went after a 50lb sack of Malt but it had went up. They have a pretty good stock, some beer on tap. We bought 20lbs instead of the 50.. I use "Adventures in homebrewing" up in Michigan recently also, bought a couple of kits, a wheat and a Dark beer kit. Was here in Three days UPS.

Next to Cleveland Tn, up there off the bypass, there is a trucking company that supposedly sells Barley grain.. if you want to try sprouting Barley Malt yourself.. A buddy out west says he can buy 1000 lbs for $200, now that is tempting ain't it? (bring a big sack)

I'm in Tunnel Hill Ga..

Do many of you buy your supplies online at all? can you recommend any good online stores?

I buy all my stuff online. The closest shop is 28 miles away and they're a bit difficult.

To date I've only ordered from Austin Homebrew Supply. I've been very happy with them. $4.99 shipping for orders over $100 or $6.99 for under $100.

That's a lot les than I'd spend on gas getting to the closest store. Everything has shipped quickly and been well packed.

Good Luck and happy brewing

Closest place I know of? Beverage World. Ft Oglethorpe Ga, on Hwy 27, in the market center across from the end of Cloud Springs RD (for your GPS) You can be there from Chattanooga in less than 20 minutes. (Rossville Blvd turns into 27 south as you exit Rossville Ga, it turns into Ft Oglethorpe) Or take the Cloud springs Rd Exit and go West, it'll T-bone into 27 across from the shopping center.
http://www.ourbeers.com/welcome-beverage-world

Beverage World, was up there today (Sunday) Went after a 50lb sack of Malt but it had went up. They have a pretty good stock, some beer on tap. We bought 20lbs instead of the 50.. I use "Adventures in homebrewing" up in Michigan recently also, bought a couple of kits, a wheat and a Dark beer kit. Was here in Three days UPS.

Next to Cleveland Tn, up there off the bypass, there is a trucking company that supposedly sells Barley grain.. if you want to try sprouting Barley Malt yourself.. A buddy out west says he can buy 1000 lbs for $200, now that is tempting ain't it? (bring a big sack)

I'm in Tunnel Hill Ga..

Just FYI - you responded to a thread that died almost four years ago...

:tank:

Back