New beers new labels

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brokenanchor

Reaction score
This beer has yet to be brewed, but I liked the name and I got bored, so lay off. Anyway this bad boy is going to be an IIPA weighing in around 90-100 IBUs and 9% abv...needless to say I'm excited.

3651321685_a50d3b260c.jpg

I think the black text is a little hard to make out on the background, I really like the font though. I'd lose the shadow on the text & helicopters; on the text it makes it harder to see clearly, on the helicopters it marrs the hop grenade detail. I think you could make your text stand out & be more legible if you outlined it with white. That's my 2 cents worth. Regards, GF.

Well that's just downright clever. Also, I agree with whoever said outline the text in white or maybe "hop" green. =)

I made it all on photoshop, and actually found the font from the Apocalypse Now movie poster and used that. I'll make a couple revisions to it...after I'm done trying to figure out how to make an actual hop grenade.

That has potential to be one of the coolest labels I have seen here in a while. I would put either a light stroke on the font, or an outer glow.

Good work by you.

badass!!

I got so many ideas for labels.
Just dont have the ability to put it down on paper.

I made a couple changes to the label. Added a border and a glow on the letters. I think I'm going to keep the shadow on the hopcopters, because I think it makes it pop more. The label with the larger glow also got lightened. Which one is better?

3675270075_51cdb0cd9a.jpg

3676108688_ddc0071fb9.jpg

Back