Banjo Vs Jet Burner video

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rtrevino

Reaction score
I know that there are many debates over which burner to use but I just found this video on youtube and I think that its pretty clear which burner will heat up your water faster.

Last edited by a moderator:
But does doubling the psi mean doubling gas usage? I'm not really sure how that works. But 200% the gas for about 30% increased speed (my estimation based on how fast the jet burner was going up) isn't necessarily a good deal, if so. It kind of depends on how much you value money vs. time.

Kind of the central economic tradeoff in homebrewing, when you think about it. Homebrewed beer is cheaper, but takes more time to acquire....:)

But does doubling the psi mean doubling gas usage? I'm not really sure how that works. But 200% the gas for about 30% increased speed (my estimation based on how fast the jet burner was going up) isn't necessarily a good deal, if so. It kind of depends on how much you value money vs. time.

Kind of the central economic tradeoff in homebrewing, when you think about it. Homebrewed beer is cheaper, but takes more time to acquire....:)

Great Point!!!

Great Point!!! The video does not do a fair comparision. The high pressure burner uses quite a bit more propane. It's not an apples to apples comparision.

It's not double, it's 20 times the pressure (0.5 psi vs 10 psi). As with pretty much any burner, a choice has to be made between speed and efficiency. I'm also curious as to how the efficiencies of these two burners compare. I could bring large volumes to a boil in no time flat if I cranked my 30 psi regulator all the way open, but I'd also only be able to brew a couple batches per propane tank doing so.

Back