the hop bomb

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drengel

Reaction score
anyone ever tried this. I got the idea from looking at some machine from some more well known brewery that i cant remember that has a keg hooked up to some machine with hop sludge or something in it and it pours out of that into your glass all green and kinda thick looking. so i want to do hop bombs like sake bombs or irish car bombs ya know. i brew an IPA but put none of the flavor or aroma hops in...then i take some tasty hops (cascade or amarillo probably cause theyre my favorite) put them in a juice machine and make a hop shot (like a wheatgrass shot) which you then proceed to drop in the unhopped IPA and slam. i think it would be cool for a party gimmick sort of thing, might even be pretty good to me and my hophead friends. any suggestions...

You might be onto something here!

First try it with a lightly hopped beer before you go and brew a whole batch of unhopped IPA.

I would go the Irish Car Bomb way.

Give it a try and let us know

orfy said:
What the hell is that?

Another American (I think) defilement of Guiness (see black & tan):

1/2 pint Guinness
1 oz Jamison
1/2 oz Bailey's Irish cream

Pour Guiness into a pint glass. Float Baileys on top of Jamison in shot glass. Drop shot glass, carefully, into Guiness. Drink quickly before it curdles.

But I do still like where we're taking the English language!

I'd say go ahead with the no flavor/aroma IPA. You can always dry hop it if da bomb doesn't work out. I did something similar for a wet/fresh hop fest. It was real grassy, but dried hops shouldn't be quite as odd. I'd go with a Goldings or a Willamette for the slush, with maybe 10-20% Cascade.

Back