• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB Corny Kegs 5Gal Ball Lock

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seanana

Reaction score
I am looking to buy a 5 gal corny keg. Actually two of them. I really want to go ball lock and willing to talk price, if its right of course.

Need to add I'm in the Dallas area, but willing to pay for shipping if the price is right.

BEST DEAL WITH SHIPPING

Okay so best deal I've found so far was at www.Ritebrew.com

2 kegs: $45.49 ea + shipping = $101.97 or $50.99 ea shipped

3 kegs: $45.49 ea + shipping = $146.85 or $48.95 ea shipped

jmichaeldesign you got a decent deal from Beverage Elements:

4 kegs: $43.95 ea + $33 shipping = $208.80 or $52.20 ea shipped

Any way you look at it if you can get a ball lock shipped for under $50 it's a great price.

Keg Cowboy

2 kegs: $54.99 ea + $15.09 shipping = $125.07 or $62.54 ea shipped

I think Keg Cowboy does offer 5% off coupons on HBT. That would drop the price for 2 kegs to $119.57 or $59.79 ea shipped

Everything depends on ur set up.. i wanted to do pin just cuz there cheaper and easier to find.. but i could only get 4 in my keezer ... Tried some my freinds ball lock and sure enough got all 6 in that thought i could.. they a little thinner if ya didnt know. So think bout that stuff for long run too cuz the couple bucks u save on a keg here and there dont mean jack when u go to convert a keezer and gotta pay more for bigger

Check out farmhousebrewsupply.com too. I just ordered $500 worth of **** and had it shipped to Alaska. Fast service getting the order out and products arrived as described. Got a 8-way co2 manifold, 4 ball locks, 4 perlicks, and some other stuff from them.

$85 for two ball locks, and shipping to lower 48 states is only $10. Lucky bastards!

Thanks everyone for the posts. I had a guy local tell me, 50 for one keg on Craigslist. I was thinking most of these other places include a new Oring set and pressure test the kegs for that same price. I'd almost rather get them online, it seems. I would get a pin lock, but the pressure release in a pressure fuse, I don't want that at all.

I don't know about pin lock being easier to find. I've picked up all mine in the last year or so off craigslist, (every ad I've caught) and they've all been ball lock.

Make sure the ball locks you are buying are NOT converted pin locks. That may through a wrench in your spacing.

You can't take him seriously... he's a Bills fan for goodness sake!

Agreed. :)

http://www.mceverdistrib.com/

They have some postings on ebay but I contacted them a few weeks back looking to buy 10 kegs and was given a price of $28 each (lids do not have pressure relief valve and need new o-ring kits) and $95 to ship which worked out to $37.50/keg plus figure $4/keg for an o-ring set.

Agreed. :)

http://www.mceverdistrib.com/

They have some postings on ebay but I contacted them a few weeks back looking to buy 10 kegs and was given a price of $28 each (lids do not have pressure relief valve and need new o-ring kits) and $95 to ship which worked out to $37.50/keg plus figure $4/keg for an o-ring set.

I contacted them a few months ago and he said he sold all of his $28 kegs and he only had the nicer $38 ones! I wonder if he got another shipment...

I ordered two from Fred at McEver for about $91 shipped, if I recall. Both were loaded with pressure upon arrival and haven't needed o-rings yet. YMMV

I ordered two from Fred at McEver for about $91 shipped, if I recall. Both were loaded with pressure upon arrival and haven't needed o-rings yet. YMMV

I have no doubt that it didn't NEED new o-rings if it was already holding pressure but don't the o-rings reek of soda syrup?

I have no doubt that it didn't NEED new o-rings if it was already holding pressure but don't the o-rings reek of soda syrup?

I soaked the large lid o-ring in oxyclean along with the lid itself, and the entire keg. I think I ran some oxyclean through the posts, too, but can't remember. Never noticed anything after that.

BEST DEAL WITH SHIPPING

jmichaeldesign you got a decent deal from Beverage Elements:

4 kegs: $43.95 ea + $33 shipping = $208.80 or $52.20 ea shipped

Any way you look at it if you can get a ball lock shipped for under $50 it's a great price.

When I ordered they still had kegs with broken handles in stock. One side of the handle is still fine and the kegs were under 25 a piece.

Latest posts

Back